canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 pm

I had liver stones... was really glad to get morphine for the first time in my life.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Some pain is inevitable. Live with it!

I was on them to cope with a 5 inch incision, having muscles sutured together and having a fastener lagged into one of my bones. I dropped the Oxy after about 10 days without difficulty but "live with it" Why? Any idiot can be uncomfortable. Most of us happily use the opioids and then move on. A minority get hooked on them. It isn't moral turpitude or weakness of character. It is a physical side effect of a medication.

It's not a character flaw to take prescribed meds when they are actually required. But most times, scrips are abused. I have some serious meds to deal with this ongoing hernia issue. When I start to feel like I just have 'blue balls' then I can breathe a sigh of relief cuz the pain is abating. Still and all, I guess pain is subjective. I don't take pain killers just cuz I feel a twinge.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Over the years I've been prescribed morphine, oxy, percocet, demerol and various others. What I did was wait until the pain was completely unbearable and then wait a little longer before taking. And none of them were taken for more than 3-4 days before I downgraded myself to something less addictive.

The wife constantly gives me shit for not taking meds for pain but I'd rather live with a little pain than try to break an addiction.