canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:40 am

You can check the Trans-Canada webpage for their time line for the Oakville plant, they say they are in on going consultation with the stakeholders.

i.e. Ford, Trans-Canada and OPG ...

The Town of Oakville said "NO".

So, if everything is hunky dory, why have computers been scrubbed?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
You can check the Trans-Canada webpage for their time line for the Oakville plant, they say they are in on going consultation with the stakeholders.

The computers weren't scrubbed to hide the approval process or lack thereof of either of the plants.

They were erased to hide the details of the cancellation and who knew about it. Beyond the nimbys, people don't care about the location selection process, they care about the cost to taxpayers and the political decision to cancel and then try to cover it up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:23 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

The computers weren't scrubbed to hide the approval process or lack thereof of either of the plants.

They were erased to hide the details of the cancellation and who knew about it. Beyond the nimbys, people don't care about the location selection process, they care about the cost to taxpayers and the political decision to cancel and then try to cover it up.

You know all of that, do you?

You win. Those nasty rich people in Oakville are all NIMBYs and everyone of them should have nuclear waste stored in their swimming pools. People like that shouldn't have the right to live as thy wish.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Because you didn't answer when I asked the first time;

"Let me ask you it this way, legally speaking was the deal to build the plant valid? Did the project meet the required legal obligations to be built?"

If yes then the cost of cancelation does fall mostly on the NIMBY homeowners. If no, then is that part of a legal challenge being put forward to the government?

Or was the project part way done with it's legal obligations when they hit the NIMBYers and then stopped? While the government had entered into a contract with penalties they shouldn't have?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:50 pm

"Let me ask you it this way, legally speaking was the deal to build the plant valid? Did the project meet the required legal obligations to be built?"

It's legal to expropriate dozens of farms for an airport that was never built, so yes, the Crown can do anything they want to do to any of us.

You like that, do you? Only those troublesome "NIMBYs" fight back, eh? ... those nasty Nimbys....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm

It's legal to expropriate dozens of farms for an airport that was never built, so yes, the Crown can do anything they want to do to any of us.

You like that, do you? Only those troublesome "NIMBYs" fight back, eh? ... those nasty Nimbys....

But in this case, the developers had a willing seller, all of the proper legal obligations met, and acted in full compliance with the law.

The only scandal is from the cost of stopping the project because of a contract, which is also in compliance with the law.

Well if we agree then I'm finished, unless you want to make another point and have me reply.