bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
... tactical withdrawal. You have to admire the Ukrainian cool, so far.

It seems some Western leaders are too eager for War with Russia more than Ukraine is.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

BRAH BRAH:

It seems some Western leaders are too eager for War with Russia more than Ukraine is.

WTF??

Russia is going after ESTONIA now!! Who the hell is banging the war drum here, huh? 'Cause it's NOT NATO!!!!

F*cking Ivan crosses into Estonia and it's ON.

Article V Article V:
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.

No fooling, if Russia attacks Estonia I'm going to volunteer to come out of retirement. I haven't shot at Russians since 1983 and it'd be a shame to miss a chance to hunt bear in its native habitat.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BRAH BRAH:

WTF??

Russia is going after ESTONIA now!! Who the hell is banging the war drum here, huh? 'Cause it's NOT NATO!!!!

F*cking Ivan crosses into Estonia and it's ON.

Article V Article V:
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.

No fooling, if Russia attacks Estonia I'm going to volunteer to come out of retirement. I haven't shot at Russians since 1983 and it'd be a shame to miss a chance to hunt bear in its native habitat.

The language John Kerry is using it seems like he wants a confrontation with Russia ( before he can be against it ) as the Obama Administrations foreign policy street cred is on the line.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:00 pm

8O 8O 8O As a 21-year-old in 2014 am I going to be telling my kids someday in 20 years about the new Cold War and Russia 2.0? 8O 8O 8O

If there wasn't so much on the line it'd be laughable how much history is repeating itself here....

But hell, maybe restarting the old war machines in a new Cold War is just what we need to get the Western economies running at full throttle. Industrial military complex needs another last kick at the can! [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:33 pm

The last time Moscow was "concerned" about a neighbouring country they started carving it up like a Christmas turkey.

NATO should throw a large party in the Baltic Republics. Members only of course.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:48 pm

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSB ... 9?irpc=932

Russia has fighters and bombers exercising just over the border from Estonia. Odd that the exercises began the same day they made clear their "concerns" with Estonia. Wouldn't be surprised if they "accidentally" breached Estonian airspace.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
On topic here's a pretty awesome animated map of European border movements over recent history:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14d_1348362692

I find it incredible how long Poland survived as an independent entity. We weren't taught much about eastern Europe (or Europe in general for that matter). It was really interesting.

Also, wtf is up with Estonia??? - NVM backread, Bart quit talking. Your crystal ball foresight is black magic and heresy.

Last edited by Canadian_Mind on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:18 pm

They're worried that they might be next on the menu.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:26 pm

$1:
I haven't shot at Russians since 1983

Where did you shoot at Russians?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Yeah. It's mean to say it, but Poland is the battered wife of Europe.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:38 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

I'm guessing Bart participated in Operation Urgent Fury

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Russia is worred about Russains in Estonia? Well, maybe Estonia should shoot 'em all. "No need to worry anymore Vladamir!" ha ha ha

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:14 pm

westmanguy westmanguy:
8O 8O 8O As a 21-year-old in 2014 am I going to be telling my kids someday in 20 years about the new Cold War and Russia 2.0? 8O 8O 8O

If there wasn't so much on the line it'd be laughable how much history is repeating itself here....

But hell, maybe restarting the old war machines in a new Cold War is just what we need to get the Western economies running at full throttle. Industrial military complex needs another last kick at the can! [B-o]

Russia is still a shadow of their former selves. However tall Ivan appears to be, he's really 5'-11 and probably pissed at this time of the day. If they were really strong, they wouldn't be doing such pathetic things as "liberating" Crimea with hoods in hoods. This ain't Joe Stalin's army.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:20 pm

If it weren't for the nuclear potential the spectacle of a US military, hardened and experienced by the last 12 years of war in the Muslim world, putting that gaggle of over-rated Russian drunks, thugs, and bullies to flight would be absolutely hilarious. Hoping it doesn't happen, of course, because if Putin completely loses it or gets pushed to the brink the big toys are getting taken off the shelf and a few cities are going to disappear in a puff of heat and radioactive fire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

I'm guessing Bart participated in Operation Urgent Fury

I don't think there were Russians in Grenada, only about 700 Cubans.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 35  36  37  38  39  40  41 ... 175  Next