canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 pm

It`s time that the Euroweeniesa started cooperating and bolstered their borders....but that would mean allowing the 8O German 8O military to be involved. I reeber visiting a friend of mine in Brandon back in the 80s and watching a column of German tanks and troop transports from CFB Shilo roll through town. I wondered what the old vets thought of these huge beasts, with the iron cross painted on them, rumbling through a Canadian city as friends and allies

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

I wondered what the old vets thought of these huge beasts, with the iron cross painted on them, rumbling through a Canadian city as friends and allies

I saw a huge, long train slowly rumbling Westward through Montreal (in the 70's, I think) with those same iron crossed German Leopard tanks on flat beds. My blood went cold for an instant. There were tens of thousands of Holocaust survivors in that city. I'm sure that they found it to be extremely unpleasant.

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:53 pm

BRAH BRAH:

Guess we know what side you're on comrade. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
I wondered what the old vets thought of these huge beasts, with the iron cross painted on them, rumbling through a Canadian city as friends and allies

I saw a huge, long train slowly rumbling Westward through Montreal (in the 70's, I think) with those same iron crossed German Leopard tanks on flat beds. My blood went cold for an instant. There were tens of thousands of Holocaust survivors in that city. I'm sure that they found it to be extremely unpleasant.

That's a Maltese Cross and Germany is not the only country to use that symbol in their national pantheon of symbology.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BRAH BRAH:

Note the flag.

0:
TrollinTrollinTrollin.jpg
TrollinTrollinTrollin.jpg [ 15.21 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:38 pm

$1:
Ukrainian soldiers authorized to use weapons by acting president

Ukrainian soldiers serving in Crimea have been authorized to use their weapons to defend themselves, according to the acting Ukrainian president's press service.

The order comes only hours after a Ukrainian serviceman was shot and killed on Tuesday at a Ukrainian base that came under attack in Crimea's main town of Simferopol and acting Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk said the Crimean conflict has now entered a "military phase."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukrainian- ... -1.2577236

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 pm

So it starts.

Good luck and god bless Ukraine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

That's a Maltese Cross and Germany is not the only country to use that symbol in their national pantheon of symbology.

I know that but it wasn't the Portuguese White Fleet sailing through. They were dark, brooding German tanks named after big cats.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 pm

I know that but it wasn't the Portuguese White Fleet sailing through. They were dark, brooding German tanks named after big cats.

As opposed to festively decorated, happy French tanks named after kittens?

Really, I know the Holocaust was a tragedy and a personal friend of mine survived it. These people have my sympathies.

But I draw the line at anyone taking any sort of umbrage at soldiers and a country that is now one of our allies. These are people who are willing to bleed and die on our behalf and they deserve respect, not suspicion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

As opposed to festively decorated, happy French tanks named after kittens?

Really, I know the Holocaust was a tragedy and a personal friend of mine survived it. These people have my sympathies.

But I draw the line at anyone taking any sort of umbrage at soldiers and a country that is now one of our allies. These are people who are willing to bleed and die on our behalf and they deserve respect, not suspicion.

This was in the 1970s. Wounds were much fresher 25-30 years after the war. Don't blame me, it all happened before I was born!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 pm

$1:

The Mujaheddin, precursors to the Taliban, were depicted as `brave freedom fighters` in the Western press once too. The comments were in relation to feelings of veterans of WWII and Holocaust survivors, seeing German tanks in Canada. They bore the same symbol, used a few decades prior on German tanks that once tried to kill and exterminate them....the years ay erase the pain for some, but not all.

The Arabs and Israelis don`t understand how we(Europeans), can go from being friends to enemies, and butcher each other in the millions, then and go back to being friends again in a few decades.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Don't blame me, it all happened before I was born!

Burns: Smithers, why didn't you tell me about this market crash!
Smithers: Um, well... sir, it happened twenty five years before I was born.
Burns: Oh, that's your excuse for everything!

Time heals all wounds... :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:14 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

The Mujaheddin, precursors to the Taliban, were depicted as `brave freedom fighters` in the Western press once too. The comments were in relation to feelings of veterans of WWII and Holocaust survivors, seeing German tanks in Canada. They bore the same symbol, used a few decades prior on German tanks that once tried to kill and exterminate them....the years ay erase the pain for some, but not all.

The Arabs and Israelis don`t understand how we(Europeans), can go from being friends to enemies, and butcher each other in the millions, then and go back to being friends again in a few decades.

Indeed. Those folks hold grudges for generations. It's funny when you first get around some folks from that neighborhhod and they'll be talking about some dire transgression along the lines of someone killing someone in their family over a well or some such.

And then you find out that this didn't happen last week (which is how it sounds to a Western ear), instead it's something that happened two or maybe even three hundred years ago.

And these people are willing to kill each other over things that went on three centuries previous!

Forgiveness is not a virtue with these folks. Far from it, some of them see forgiveness as a weakness to be exploited.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BRAH BRAH:

да :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Who says Putin looks bad in drag? :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 32  33  34  35  36  37  38 ... 175  Next