Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Can't you guys just get Pallin to scoot over on her quad runner and have a chat with them? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Russia turns off the gas, then Europe turns off the cash. Russian fields and pipelines are set up to move everything west to their markets in Europe. Hardball involves two teams

Russia is playing 'hardball' over Ukraine. Meanwhile the West is more worried about who can and can't march in a St. Patrick's Day parade.

Putin, of course, is watching.

Oh. HE can't march in a St. Patrick's Day parade ... not quite butch enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
She's pretty much all growed up, now.

Still making trebauchets recreationally though, I hope! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Drone Putin.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Wonder what side teh Republicans are on? Not so patriotic now. They like Putin.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Would you like an update, seriously?

I was listening to Hannity on the drive home. This is what he and his conservative panel suggest.

If you really want to hurt Putin you sign the Keystone pipeline into law today. There's some sort of oil export law restricting exports. Kill that. Open up government lands. Stop the anti-fracking insanity. Assist the Ukraine in getting their fracking going. Help Israel build its offshore natural gas finds up quickly. Help the "Stans" (Uzbeki, Khazi, and so on) network into Ukraine's pipe network. Do stuff like that, and see if Putin's still laughing, or the rest of the world is still mocking the West's impotence.

But yeah, at the present time we see it as their team has a stronger captain than our team does. We're pretty much unanimous on that.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
If you really want to hurt Putin you sign the Keystone pipeline into law today. There's some sort of oil export law restricting exports. Kill that. Open up government lands. Stop the anti-fracking insanity. Assist the Ukraine in getting their fracking going. Help Israel build its offshore natural gas finds up quickly. Help the "Stans" (Uzbeki, Khazi, and so on) network into Ukraine's pipe network. Do stuff like that, and see if Putin's still laughing, or the rest of the world is still mocking the West's impotence.

So he gets to watch as all of his enemies turn themselves into ecological wastelands while they pay to play?

He's still laughing.

You want to hurt Russia quickly? End sanctions on Iran, and get Keystone going somewhere...east or south, doesn't matter.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against the man for what's happening in Ukraine and at the same time I have to acknowledge that the average Russian has no doubt that Putin's interests are first and last about Russia.

Meanwhile, Barry has invested several years as President in telling the world that the era of American exceptionalism is over, that we need to make way for a multilateral world, that we need to be good global citizens first and Americans second, and etc.

Don't forget that Barry gave British nuclear secrets to Russia just to make his Russian friends happy and that Barry has also made clear that he's willing to trade off missile defense just to make his buddy Vlad happy.

And what's he get in return? The Russians make fun of him and call him a joke.

Really, Russia invades Ukraine and today they threaten nuclear war with the USA and what's Barry do? He lays down sanctions on people who don't have any international assets and makes himself look like a clown.

Don't tell me you don't hold some level of admiration for Putin because I know you appreciate a good chess player.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:34 pm

peck420 peck420:
So he gets to watch as all of his enemies turn themselves into ecological wastelands while they pay to play?

Nonsense. There is no evidence of any need for genuine worry there. True, the lady-boys of Progdom might get the vapors worrying unnecessarily, but even that is no real concern. We'll build them little fainting couches.

Fracking and pipelines will not harm anybody except maybe Putin, and perhaps the odd Iranian Mullah, or Arabian sheik.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Really, Russia invades Ukraine and today they threaten nuclear war with the USA and what's Barry do? He lays down sanctions on people who don't have any international assets and makes himself look like a clown.

Don't tell me you don't hold some level of admiration for Putin because I know you appreciate a good chess player.

Oh, I think you nailed it--he's a great chess player.

I don't like being told what to do. Reflexively anti-authoritarian. Maybe its in my genes, maybe it's due to some unfortunate events growing up. But guys like me don't last long in authoritarian regimes.

So I'm very clear that he is the enemy.

We'll see how it plays out. I doubt he'll be happy with just the Crimean peninsula.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
She's pretty much all growed up, now.

Still making trebauchets recreationally though, I hope! :lol:

If I ever have lots of time on my hands, I would like to build the full-sized model that launches big pieces of cut stone (like those in Minas Tirith in the Lord of the Rings movies).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

But yeah, at the present time we see it as their team has a stronger captain than our team does. We're pretty much unanimous on that.

What can be done today ? Nothing, those sanctions are a joke.

I don't think fracking will ever get traction in Western Europe, population is too dense, and these weenies are brainwashed.
A winter or two of shivering in the dark might change their minds though.
Fracking in Ukraine would be useful, if they have anything there.

There is a huge gas play between Israel and Cyprus, developing that would help both countries, and Cyprus needs the help as well.

We have our part to play as well, gas off Nfld, LNG ships to build, pipelines to
get moving.

It will all take 3-4 years at least, but at least get it started.
Money well spent.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:41 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Came in first for the preferred GOP leader at the CPAC2014 straw poll. Perennial favourite Bull Connor was a distant second. :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Really, Russia invades Ukraine and today they threaten nuclear war with the USA and what's Barry do?

Hurray for interesting times!

"I'll look for you when the war is over..."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:50 am

All these weird pictures where people are flying the old flags... It's been twenty years and the new one is much more available and cheaper to get. Come on.

Some dreamers out there, :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 28  29  30  31  32  33  34 ... 175  Next