CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
PostFactum PostFactum:
Today in the city of Gorlivka, Russian Grad result.

Do me a favour and don't post that stuff here.

I gave him a +5 for posting this because no one in the MSM would post this. They'd post it if it was of their pet Palestinians but for some reason they're in denial of the human cost of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine.

I wonder how it is that the mods are so incensed at boobies that the thread must be hidden so as not to offend advertisers but dead babies and ripped up women get a pass.

What a fucked up world.... :roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 pm

I linked the old comedy routine in an attempt to get everyone to stop, think, and calm down. I see it did cause a pause. Good.

This discussion topic is about a very serious problem. People are dieing. I did recommend that Ukraine military not use artillery at all. Tense feelings here are nothing compared to people who actually live there. Perhaps Canadian soldiers in this discussion have some advice. I would like to see rebels arrested alive. If they're too well armed, then use rifles to take out armed rebels and no civilians. That's the reason I suggested infantry and snipers only. I know, armoured vehicles will require heavy weaponry of some sort. Ideally RPG, but it may be necessary to use cannon or Grad rockets. But only for armoured vehicles. Is that naive? Remember the people who live there you want to be loyal Ukrainian citizens, and productive workers contributing to the economy.

Also remember this is war.

Last edited by Winnipegger on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
I linked the old comedy routine in an attempt to get everyone to stop, think, and calm down. I see it did cause a pause. Good.

This discussion topic is about a very serious problem. People are dieing. I did recommend that Ukraine military not use artillery at all. Tense feelings here are nothing compared to people who actually live there. Perhaps Canadian soldiers in this discussion have some advice. I would like to see rebels arrested alive. If they're too well armed, then use rifles to take out armed rebels and no civilians. That the reason I suggested infantry and snipers only. I know, armoured vehicles will require heavy weaponry of some sort. Ideally RPG, but it may be necessary to use cannon or Grad rockets. But only for armoured vehicles. Is that naive? Remember the people who live there you want to be loyal Ukrainian citizens, and productive workers contributing to the economy.

Also remember this is war.

Tempers were starting to flare because of the content that was posted by PF on a site that gets pissy about boobies being shown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:11 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
Sir, they speak about Donetsk area. Donetsk city area and it's villages are restricted for any rocket attacks. For example: you send rocket, you make a report. Report is made and it is sent to Kyiv. If they'll see there any populated area in your report - you have a ride to Kyiv in bracelets. In report you write what you were eliminating. If scouts will say that you did shit, you are in shit that you made. You can't launch rockets where you want. This is fantasy of Ole Solvang.

Wow, you seem to have a lot of inside information about all this. Doubt if this sort of info is published for the civilian population in general. Just how high up are you in the Ukrainian govt or military to have such detailed info on procedures for firing rockets?

There is no army that can avoid civilian casualties in modern warfare. Troops just don't line up on battlefields anymore to have at it. The Israelis can't do it, the US sure as shit has never been able to do it, Canadians could't do it. Doubt the Ukrainians are so much more skilled than these countries that they can avoid all civilian casualties.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 pm

The photos in question have been removed, replaced by a link to them which must be used to view them. I have also asked PostFactum to use a link when posting such material in the future, along with a warning of what some may find to be overly graphic material.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:43 am

What about the boobies? :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 am

Wrong thread Ray. ;)

$1:
Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons

(Reuters) - On the last day of May, a surface-to-air rocket was signed out of a military base near Moscow where it had been stored for more than 20 years.

According to the ornate Cyrillic handwriting in the weapon's Russian Defence Ministry logbook, seen by Reuters, the portable rocket, for use with an Igla rocket launcher, was destined for a base in Rostov, some 50 km (31 miles) from the Ukrainian border. In that area, say U.S. officials, lies a camp for training Ukrainian separatist fighters.

Three weeks later the rocket and its logbook turned up in eastern Ukraine, where government troops seized them from pro-Russian separatists.

The logbook, which is more than 20 pages long, records that rocket 03181 entered service on May 21, 1993, and had regular tests as recently as 2005 to make sure it was in fighting form. The seal of the Russian Defence Ministry has been stamped over the signature sending the weapon to Rostov.

A copy of the log was passed to a diplomat in Ukraine’s capital, Kiev. Reuters was unable to verify its authenticity with the Russian military, and Moscow has consistently denied arming the separatists in eastern Ukraine.

The Igla and its logbook are just one indication that weapons are flowing from Russia into Ukraine. Interviews with American officials, diplomats in Kiev, and Russian military analysts paint a picture of a steady and ongoing flow. These people say weapons – from small arms to armored personnel carriers, tanks and sophisticated missile systems – have flooded into the region since May, fueling the violence.

In an interview with Reuters last week, a separatist leader said that Russia may have supplied the separatists with BUK rockets, which were used to shoot down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. The destruction of the civilian passenger plane over eastern Ukraine on July 17 killed nearly 300 people.

Alexander Khodakovsky, commander of the Vostok Battalion, told Reuters: "I knew that a BUK came from Luhansk (in east Ukraine) ... I heard about it. I think they sent it back. Because I found out about it at exactly the moment that I found out that this tragedy (of MH17) had taken place. They probably sent it back in order to remove proof of its presence."

Three U.S. government officials said the weapons flow from Russia increased dramatically several weeks ago in response to successes by Ukrainian government forces, including the recapture of Slaviansk, a separatist stronghold in eastern Ukraine. The new shipments included anti-aircraft systems designed to combat Ukraine’s air power, those officials said.

“If you trace the increase in supplies and materials ... we’ve seen in the last few weeks culminating in this tragic incident, it’s clearly in the face of successes by the Ukrainian forces," said a senior U.S. official, who like the others spoke on condition of anonymity.

Moscow, which has said it is willing to cooperate with an international investigation into the loss of MH17, has denied sending any BUK missiles to the rebels. It has said Washington is attempting to destabilize Russia through events in Ukraine.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said this week that Moscow was hopeful that monitors from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe could be deployed along Russia's border with Ukraine to dispel suspicions that Russia is aiding the rebels.

"We hope that this will dispel suspicions that are regularly being voiced against us, that those (border) checkpoints controlled by the militias from the Ukrainian side are used for massive troops and weaponry deployment from Russia to Ukraine," he said.

Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine maintain most of their weapons have come from captured Ukrainian armories or have been seized directly from the Ukrainian military on the battlefield.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/2 ... UA20140729

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:44 am

raydan raydan:
What about the boobies? :D

You're still allowed to post comments here.....we'll talk about a warning in the near future..... :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

Hyack Hyack:
The photos in question have been removed, replaced by a link to them which must be used to view them. I have also asked PostFactum to use a link when posting such material in the future, along a warning of what some may find to be overly graphic material.

Can you also delete the resulting shitfest?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 am

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Hyack Hyack:
The photos in question have been removed, replaced by a link to them which must be used to view them. I have also asked PostFactum to use a link when posting such material in the future, along a warning of what some may find to be overly graphic material.

Can you also delete the resulting shitfest?

I could, but I won't since deleting comments from a thread too often leaves the thread disjointed and hard to follow, as many times one comment will lead to 2-3 new comments which in turn leads to.......you get my meaning I hope.... :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Hyack Hyack:
I could, but I won't since deleting comments from a thread too often leaves the thread disjointed and hard to follow, as many times one comment will lead to 2-3 new comments which in turn leads to.......you get my meaning I hope.... :)

Thank you. Absent the sh*tfest we'd have nothing to say about anything! :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 pm

I'd like to know how the fight in Ukraine is going. PF, barring direct involvement from Russia, how long until the rebels finally capitulate?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm

U.S., EU, Canada announce new sanctions against Russia

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-cr ... -1.2721836

$1:
There was a consensus on only targeting future contracts, he said, which would leave France free to go ahead with the delivery of helicopter carrier warships is it building for Russia.
Idiots. Weapons are the first thing that should have been sanctioned.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 pm

France really wants to boost Ivans amphibious assault capability.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 152  153  154  155  156  157  158 ... 175  Next