canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 pm

peck420 peck420:
If Ukraine had no anti-air equipment in the area, who did the separatist take BUK's from?

Would it not be logical that these would be part of the equipment seized when rebels took over military bases, and moved into the area to protect against Ukrainian fighters and bombers?

I thought back then, and still think, that there should have been no working equipment left at captured bases. Scorched Earth, all the way.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
Ok guys, I have to go, cya as soon as possible.

Keep safe, brother.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Would it not be logical that these would be part of the equipment seized when rebels took over military bases, and moved into the area to protect against Ukrainian fighters and bombers?

It would be.

It would also be logical for Ukraine to move other anti-air assets to the area as well. There was, and still is, a very real threat of Russian aircraft attacking the Ukrainians.
$1:
I thought back then, and still think, that there should have been no working equipment left at captured bases. Scorched Earth, all the way.

Couldn't agree more, but I think we would have to factor in the number of 'pro-Russians' that were Ukrainian until the day of the annexation.

I imagine that there was far more confusion, on the ground, than what was portrayed in the media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 pm

1 Canadian on that plane.... :(

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:

The victims who weren't killed by the missile impact fell to their deaths. 8O

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:20 am

peck420 peck420:
If Ukraine had no anti-air equipment in the area, who did the separatist take BUK's from?

Well, that's the question....

Let see the situation from another point of view: Imagine that terrorists captured Ukrainian BUK. As Russians say, that they are simple rebellions, civil people who got ak-47 just yesterday,those who don't want to go to "horrible" Europe, and don't want Ukraine existence at all. Ok, so they captured this vehicle with 4 rockets on board. They take it to safe place, open the doors and see this:
Tell me please, can a civil man understand what all this means? I am not even speaking about shooting down the plane without any training and opportunity. And........ bingo ! Russians (Terrorists) received BUK with serving stuff from Russia.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:08 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
They don't say about model, but I can show you photo.
The others are good, Maybe just this party was crooked.

Looked a bit more. Your picture looks like a Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops (PASGT; pronounced pass-GET). It was standard US military issue from about 1980 through late 1990s / early 2000s. It was replaced by Interceptor Body Armor, then replaced by Modular Tactical Vest. The military version didn't have the horizontal strips. But that is the one Canadian soldiers described as a flak jacket. Canadian soldiers told me that new American recruits would replace their vest with actual armor as soon as they could. It's currently sold to reporters.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:43 am

PostFactum PostFactum:

What is your position? I find it interesting you have been able to post pictures of the body armour, and inside of a BUK launcher. And several of these status maps. The lower right corner has a logo, it's labelled...
$1:
SAOVO and Diao
People's Control

Information-
Analytical Center
National Security and Defence
Council of Ukraine

I found their website here http://www.rnbo.gov.ua/en/, but there are no situation maps. There is a section available only in Ukrainian, labeled "Інфосервери" (Infoservery) but restricted for internal use only. Are you a member of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:12 am

Even if he was, do you think he'd admit it on here? Appreciate that he's feeding us the info he is.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
PostFactum PostFactum:

What is your position? I find it interesting you have been able to post pictures of the body armour, and inside of a BUK launcher. And several of these status maps. The lower right corner has a logo, it's labelled...
$1:
SAOVO and Diao
People's Control

Information-
Analytical Center
National Security and Defence
Council of Ukraine

I found their website here http://www.rnbo.gov.ua/en/, but there are no situation maps. There is a section available only in Ukrainian, labeled "Інфосервери" (Infoservery) but restricted for internal use only. Are you a member of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine?

Info servers are not available from Ukraine too. That's page for stuff only. My position is sitting on the floor with notebook :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 am

Pics were made in 2009.
http://novosti.dn.ua/details/230206

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
. My position is sitting on the floor with notebook :D

R=UP R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 am

We received this from the US. :D

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/22/world ... -news&_r=0

DONETSK, Ukraine — A thick plume of dark smoke could be seen rising into the bright blue afternoon sky here on Monday. One man, a passenger in a blue car that was stopped at a red light, said two people in his building were killed in the day’s fighting. He said he ran out of his house in nothing but his slippers.

A woman in the Kuibysheva neighborhood, which was hit Monday morning, was killed as she walked through a courtyard near a small playground. Two men were found dead nearby. A grocery discount card was on the ground near the bloody outline where the woman’s body had been.

“They are trying to push the D.N.R. back, but they end up hitting us,” said Yevgeny Zhitnikov, a 17-year-old resident of Donetsk, using an abbreviation for the self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic. “Victory is more important to them than human life.”

His father, who was arranging bags on the ground for the family to leave to a nearby bomb shelter, added, “Animals.”
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Dutch forensic experts arrived in Torez, Ukraine, where bodies of the victims of the downed Malaysian jet have been collected in refrigerated rail cars.
Ukraine Separatists Yield, Allowing Bodies to Depart and Agreeing to Hand Over Black BoxesJULY 21, 2014
A rebel leader, Alexander Borodai, at a news conference in Donetsk. He said the plane’s flight recorders had not been recovered.
Ukraine Says It Can Prove Russia Supplied Arms System That Felled JetJULY 19, 2014
A restaurant in Sarcelles, a Paris suburb, was damaged during protests against Israel's Gaza offensive.
Israel’s Gaza Incursion Sets Off Protests in EuropeJULY 21, 2014

The fighting in this regional capital between pro-Russian separatists and the Ukrainian military was said to be intense. A witness reported seeing heavy shelling in the area including damage at a children’s hospital.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 146  147  148  149  150  151  152 ... 175  Next