canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

If it was accidently fired by someone from the Russian side who wasn't able to distinguish the difference between civillian and military aircraft that's troubling because what other weapon systems are these untrained soldiers operating? 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:53 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Shooting down unarmed passenger planes is a long standing Russian tradition.

Since 1950 (Public):

USSR/Russian: 2
USA: 1

To date, rebels, guerrillas, separatists, etc have accounted for far more shootings than any nation.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 am

Translation of the caption
translate.ru translate.ru:
Self-propelled Beech surface-to-air missile systems in the territory of an anti-aircraft missile regiment of air defense of A1402 of DNR taken under control.

Bing Translator Bing Translator:
Self-propelled anti-aircraft missile systems "Buk" in the territory of the anti-aircraft missile AIR DEFENCE Regiment A1402 taken under the control of the DND.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 am

BRAH BRAH:
If it was accidently fired by someone from the Russian side who wasn't able to distinguish the difference between civillian and military aircraft that's troubling because what other weapon systems are these untrained soldiers operating? 8O

It was as equally likely that a poorly trained Ukrainian fired it...or a separatist.

All 3 sides have the same equipment in the area.

All 3 sides have a mixture of competent to idiot in the field.

At this point, it is a complete crapshoot as to who fired what.

My money is on the separatist though, from their tweet approx 1 hr before this hit the news, celebrating the downing of a cargo plane on the same flight path.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 am

peck420 peck420:
My money is on the separatist though, from their tweet approx 1 hr before this hit the news, celebrating the downing of a cargo plane on the same flight path.

All the more reason for all airlines to avoid flying over this region.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 am

peck420 peck420:
BRAH BRAH:

It was as equally likely that a poorly trained Ukrainian fired it...or a separatist.

At first I thought it could have been Russian or Urkaine but the evidence seemed to lean more towards Russian now it's possibly separaists? Whoever is responsible how long till something like this happens in Iraq or Syria considering the weapons ISIS is collecthing in their rampage.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:02 am

Strutz Strutz:
peck420 peck420:

Until today, almost all separatist attacks were made with MANPAD's, which are of no real threat to a passenger craft at cruise altitude.

Regardless of who fired, I 'm betting that no more civilian flights will be going through that area.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:09 am

peck420 peck420:
Strutz Strutz:
peck420 peck420:

Until today, almost all separatist attacks were made with MANPAD's, which are of no real threat to a passenger craft at cruise altitude.

Regardless of who fired, I 'm betting that no more civilian flights will be going through that area.

According to the tweets posted in the CBC article below that is the case now.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh17-reportedly-shot-down-near-ukraine-russia-border-1.2709881

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am

peck420 peck420:
We don't have anti-air equipment in that area. Because terorists don't have aviation. And we are still pissed off about attacking Russian military planes.

peck420 peck420:
Wrong. There is different equipment, terrorists use Russian weapons. In this case this is anti air equipment...that's not simple ak or grenade. That's weapon of one-track use.

peck420 peck420:
Agree.

peck420 peck420:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:46 am

peck420 peck420:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Shooting down unarmed passenger planes is a long standing Russian tradition.

Since 1950 (Public):

USSR/Russian: 2
USA: 1

To date, rebels, guerrillas, separatists, etc have accounted for far more shootings than any nation.

The Russians also shot down one of their own planes - Siberian flight 1812 - over the Black Sea. They insisted the Ukrainians did it but all of Ukraine's SAMs were accounted for.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:52 am

Not cool. ^^

Families should be informed properly, not by having passports flashed on the Internet.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Not cool. ^^

Families should be informed properly, not by having passports flashed on the Internet.

They said that they'll send a black box to Moscow. It means that:
1.Forget about truth.
2. Forget about bodies.
3. Forget about this documents.
P.S I think google will delete this video if parents will ask.
This is war territory so I'm sure even not one expert will be allowed to work there. Russians will not allow this. Remember a plane with Polish president. Here will be the same.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Ok guys, I have to go, cya as soon as possible.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
We don't have anti-air equipment in that area. Because terorists don't have aviation. And we are still pissed off about attacking Russian military planes.

If Ukraine had no anti-air equipment in the area, who did the separatist take BUK's from? I would assume that the Russians would have had a 'word' with them, if they had stolen them from the Russians.

$1:
Wrong. There is different equipment, terrorists use Russian weapons. In this case this is anti air equipment...that's not simple ak or grenade. That's weapon of one-track use.

It is my understanding that, pre Russian annexation, Ukraine had 60+ BUK systems.

Granted, I am running under the assumption that it was a BUK system that brought the plane down, which has yet to be confirmed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 145  146  147  148  149  150  151 ... 175  Next