Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
PostFactum PostFactum:
Putin's been invited to the D-Day commemoration services in France, even though the any Russians in that battle were probably fighting for the Germans, at the time. Anyway, there will be lots of opportunities for the leaders of France, Great Britain, the U.S. and Canada to publicly shun him. Let's see what happens.

He won't arrive, that's obvious.

I can't imagine why he would turn down an opportunity to strut about as a "great world leader".

Russia is fiercely proud that it stood against and repelled the Germans in WWII, despite being out gunned and outmatched.

He'll be there, his image as a powerful Russian leader requires it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
Putin's been invited to the D-Day commemoration services in France, even though the any Russians in that battle were probably fighting for the Germans, at the time. Anyway, there will be lots of opportunities for the leaders of France, Great Britain, the U.S. and Canada to publicly shun him. Let's see what happens.

He won't arrive, that's obvious.

I can't imagine why he would turn down an opportunity to strut about as a "great world leader".

He just plays in "World leader". At least "great world leader" will never make his country penniless.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:46 am

Putin's been invited to the D-Day commemoration services in France, even though the any Russians in that battle were probably fighting for the Germans, at the time.

No need to exaggerate. We have enough trouble with governments re-writing history, please don't contribute. Russia was proud the defeated the Germans. As DrCaleb said...
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Russia is fiercely proud that it stood against and repelled the Germans in WWII, despite being out gunned and outmatched.

Russia was an ally during WWII. Perhaps we all need to be reminded of that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Putin's been invited to the D-Day commemoration services in France, even though the any Russians in that battle were probably fighting for the Germans, at the time.

No need to exaggerate. We have enough trouble with governments re-writing history, please don't contribute. Russia was proud the defeated the Germans. As DrCaleb said...
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Russia does what is best for Russia. What they've done in the nearly 70 years since WWII should also remind us of that. Remember, they still haven't signed the WWII armistice with Japan!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:17 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:

I would wonder how much of an 'ally' they would have been if not for the Germans invading...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

Fucking frost saves them all the time. They have very cruel winters, only Russians can fight in that conditions. Frost and vodka is their ally.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:34 am

I truly disagree with the Russian invasion. I would like to reduce tensions. I would like Russia to get the *bleep* out of your country. There must be some way to convince them to do that.

But frost? Yes, cold is bad. I live in Winnipeg. I once saw a TV program with an American who visitted Moscow to date a Russian woman. He complained about the cold, but video showed the couple walking along a river with their fur coats open, and the river wasn't frozen. That isn't cold. So I looked up temperatures on the weather channel website. I found there isn't any place west of the Ural mountains as cold as Winnipeg. The weather website had average daily high and average daily low for each month of the year. The cities that most closely match Winnipeg were Omsk and Tomsk, both in Siberia. Southern Siberia, but you have to go to Siberia to find some place as cold as where I live. Even Murmansk is warmer. So Russians have cruel winters? Not so much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

$1:
Jabberwalker wrote:

This is no exaggeration. The D-Day invasion had no Russian forces on the allies side. So if any Russians were there they would have been part of the German forces. Some Russians were so anti-communist that they joined the Germans after the German invasion into Russia.

$1:

Perhaps we also need to remember that Russia was at one point allied to Nazi Germany. I know many of Polish decent have not forgotten.

You might want to also consider all the resources Russia sent to Germany between the Polish invasion and when they, Nazi Germany, invaded. The raw materials sent to Nazi Germany by the Russians helped the Nazi's push Great Britain off the cotenant and Frances surrender. Only after these things happened did Germany invade Russia.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

stratos stratos:
This is no exaggeration. The D-Day invasion had no Russian forces on the allies side. So if any Russians were there they would have been part of the German forces. Some Russians were so anti-communist that they joined the Germans after the German invasion into Russia.

There were no Russians at D-Day because they were busy fighting the Eastern Front. Russia could complain there were no Western allies at Stalingrad.

Last edited by Winnipegger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:09 am

$1:
There were no Germans at D-Day because they were busy fighting the Eastern Front.

Then who killed all the soldiers from the US, UK, and Canada on the Normandy beaches during D-Day?

$1:
Russia could complain there were no Western allies at Stalingrad.

They could but then it would be pointed out that the Allies were tied up in Africa, Italy and the Pacific theaters of war. We did send them substantial aid in the form of weapons, vehicles and supplies needed to keep their forces in the field. But no where did any of us say the west complained about non Russian help. So please show me where we did as your statement implies.

Yet before we go on and on I will point out that you said jabberwalker was exaggerating with his comment about if there were in Russians at D-Day they were fighting on the side of the Germans. Thus his wondering why Putin would be invited to the D-Day anniversary.

Seeing as how I've explained my statements in connection with Jabberwalkers and your statements. Now explain your statement of there being no Germans at D-day because they were all fighting at the Eastern Front.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

Corrected my post. PDT_Armataz_01_28

Claiming Russia helped Nazi Germans at D-Day? No way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:01 pm

You sure about this? That no one who was once under Russian rule and part of the Russian Army at one time and later part of the German army serving at D-Day?

Don't bet the house on it for you would be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostlegionen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 pm

So you're complaining about conscripts that Nazi Germans had drafted from occupied territories? Hardly the same as claiming your ally fought against you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Never said they did nor am I complaining. Can you point out what post(s) you feel I was complaining?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:39 pm

$1:
Corrected my post.

Ah much better you had me going WTF with what you originally posted. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 137  138  139  140  141  142  143 ... 175  Next