Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:55 am

$1:
The want more autonomy as region.

On the surface this sounds acceptable but many see this in the same light as the Crimea. They wanted more autonomy and they moment they got it a "vote" for leaving the Ukraine and become part of Russia happened.

$1:
Insurgents are not the population.

Glad we finally got that point across to you. :)

$1:
The rest carrying on doesn't mean they are pro-West, it just means they are not insurgents. When they're not taking armored cars away from the soldiers or bringing food to the insurgents, they are carrying on with normal life.

No these people are the local population (generally of Russian decent)who support the insurgents and or are part of the separatist movement. They are not as you say carrying on with normal life.

$1:
Those people do want change in how Ukraine is governed, they don't want to join Russia, they also want more freedom from being ruled by Kyiv, especially after the interim govt passed those anti-Russian laws.

These same people are the ones from above and their actions are the cause behind the anti-Russian laws

$1:
I know you and shep et all find it hard to keep this big confusing picture in mind, want to paint it all black and white, good and bad but it's not. It's a lot more complicated.

You're seeming to not even understand what Shep, myself and others are talking about, let alone who is who and what is what as I've pointed out in the above, proves how complicated it is and how much of the big picture you've failed to grasp. Thus it's not myself who is finding this to complicated but you. Thus many of us have been trying to make it easy for you to understand unfortunately even this attempt on our part has fallen upon deaf ears in your case.

$1:
What I don't understand, with the insurgents (remember that's just a small number, not everybody that is pro-russia is an insurgent)

Even here you've contradicted yourself, earlier you said that the insurgents were not the population (we are agreed on this) but now you are saying that some of the insurgents are not pro-Russian so who are these non population non pro-Russian insurgents you speak of. Where did they come from if not from the population and not part of the pro-Russian insurgent groups.

$1:
holding so little actual territory how they plan to hold a referendum unless the interim govt allows it or the civilians backing them go in the streets.

This has been a tactic for centuries where a small force will hold key population areas and political centers thus gaining a lot stronger political position then their numbers actually would account for. This is something that Sun Zhu's (sp) art of war talks about and it can be traced back even further to Ancient Egypt and some of the wars they fought. Probably can be traced back even further but non come to mind at the moment.

$1:
Seems to me this could get very ugly.

Not just you but just about everyone see's this as turning very ugly thus the pressure from the West on Russia to back off it's pressure via politics, rhetoric, insurgents and other means they have been using.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 am

Did you notice Stratos; when you write about subjects you have a good deal of passion and knowledge about; your spelling improves? ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Did you notice Stratos; when you write about subjects you have a good deal of passion and knowledge about; your spelling improves? ;)

LOL yeah for a number of reasons. I put more thought into it and thus explain myself and line of thinking a lot better and this leads to me concentrating harder on spelling. This does give me sever headaches. Crack jokes about this as much as you want people just remember dyslexia is a serious pain in the arse for me as well as for you. :)

Also I'm now at a computer that has auto correct :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:37 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

LOL yeah for a number of reasons. I put more thought into it and thus explain myself and line of thinking a lot better and this leads to me concentrating harder on spelling. This does give me sever headaches. Crack jokes about this as much as you want people just remember dyslexia is a serious pain in the arse for me as well as for you. :)

Give me five, I have the same in google chrome ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:47 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

:P

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Get rid of Chrome- FireFox beats it hands down.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:59 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Remember
Dyslexics Untie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 am

martin14 martin14:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
By the looks of those old battle wagons steaming by, the picture probably pre-dates electronics.

At least theirs are in the water, not in drydock while we cry over rust, engine fires, collisions, everything you can imagine.

That's the way I remember ours to be four decades ago. it is unusual when it is any different. For the RCN, every day is "Cinderella".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:07 am

Okay 107 pages 1600 comments and at a guess I would say 95% of the comments have been on topic and or germane to this topic. Very good job to everyone no matter what side/stance you're taking in this thread. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 am

Goober911 Goober911:
PostFactum PostFactum:
stratos stratos:

Get rid of Chrome- FireFox beats it hands down.

The only one-up I see for chrome is that it has automatic translation, which I'm sure is very helpful for PostFactum...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 am

stratos stratos:
Okay 107 pages 1600 comments and at a guess I would say 95% of the comments have been on topic and or germane to this topic. Very good job to everyone no matter what side/stance you're taking in this thread. :rock:

Andy gets extra credit for not saying the problems in Ukraine could be ameliorated by increasing the minimum wage! :mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 am

Goober911 Goober911:
stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Remember
Dyslexics Untie.

We must remain untied!

Remember; if life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 am

New link, interesting what is going on in Odessa.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/09/world ... ?ref=world

And Germany is on side for further sanctions if Russia ups the ante.
The Russian economy is in recession.

http://www.dw.de/third-stage-sanctions- ... a-17619687

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 am

stratos stratos:

I'm glad we have PF here. How long was the thread when Russia invaded Georgia? 4, maybe 5 pages? Kudos to PF for forcing this important event to stay alive. It's amazing considering our chronic short term memory loss.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:33 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
stratos stratos:

I'm glad we have PF here. How long was the thread when Russia invaded Georgia? 4, maybe 5 pages? Kudos to PF for forcing this important event to stay alive. It's amazing considering our chronic short term memory loss.

It makes it a personal connection and I read his posts diligently.
Has been a source of humor as well. A very funny guy I think.

Last edited by Goober911 on Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 104  105  106  107  108  109  110 ... 175  Next