canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:06 am

andyt andyt:
My point is they're all corrupt, pro or anti West. There's a tendency here to want to make the the pro West side pure angles, it ain't so. Tymoshenko was a huge disappointment because she represented such hope after the orange revolution. You expect it from someone like yanukovych.

Was I ever sying that they are angels?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:11 am

You've said all sorts of things here, making all sorts of excuses. Including when I brought up Tymoshenko. I've shown you that your own president, as well as other Ukrainians, think it's a travesty that the insurgents are allowed to run wild without opposition. So while you may be in Ukraine, it seems not every Ukrainian holds your point of view.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

andyt andyt:
Martin i expect it from. you were going on about detroit blacks. You were painting with a pretty broad brush, and those martinesque comments did not suit you. I don't expect different from someone who can say chinks here and not one person called him on it. Zip said he's just a straight talker. Well, so are racists.

I've callled Martin on his racism a few times in the past. I don't ever recall saying Martin was just a straight talker. What I did say is that Martin is pretty upfront with his crass racism.

$1:
I can laugh,

no you can't. That's the problem.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:24 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:34 am

Russian cadet training pics.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2014/04/russian_cadet_training.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:42 am

PostFactum PostFactum:

and armoured in hypocrisy....yup that's our andyt Quixote.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
PostFactum PostFactum:

That's Martin's idea, I just made a pic.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:31 pm

$1:
Ukraine to restore conscription after admitting it has lost eastern front
Acting president announces move in response to occupation of power centres by pro-Russian gunmen

Ukrainian authorities reinstated conscription in a bid to deal with the deteriorating security situation in the country.

Oleksandr Turchynov, the acting president, reintroduced compulsory military service in a decree signed on Thursday, a day after he admitted that security forces have effectively lost control of two eastern regions to a pro-Russian rebellion.

The decree cited “the rising force of armed pro-Russian units and the taking of public administration buildings... which threaten territorial integrity”.

Former President Viktor Yanukovych abolished conscription in 2013, as part of a reform aimed at switching to a professional military

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... front.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:37 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
Acting president announces move in response to occupation of power centres by pro-Russian gunmen

Ukrainian authorities reinstated conscription in a bid to deal with the deteriorating security situation in the country.

Oleksandr Turchynov, the acting president, reintroduced compulsory military service in a decree signed on Thursday, a day after he admitted that security forces have effectively lost control of two eastern regions to a pro-Russian rebellion.

The decree cited “the rising force of armed pro-Russian units and the taking of public administration buildings... which threaten territorial integrity”.

Former President Viktor Yanukovych abolished conscription in 2013, as part of a reform aimed at switching to a professional military

I give the place three weeks.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:38 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:

Today few separatists conquered Donezk prosecuting department. Noone of them even didn't stop that morons. East government doesn't listen what Kyiv is saying. Goodbye East part of Ukraine - Next is South part. Everything that left will be calling Ukraine.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm

I must look for a good tent and warm sleeping bag. Gypsy should have this stuff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:42 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
PostFactum PostFactum:

That's Martin's idea, I just made a pic.

Now if you can just get him on an ass (horse) like Shep mentioned, it'll be perfect !

Well done !

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:51 pm

$1:
Ukraine crisis: Why Turkey is silent as NATO operations ramp up
Turkey a NATO member state, but also has close economic relations with Russia

NATO is hunkering down in central and eastern Europe for its mission to reassure allies, just as Ukraine sees a major escalation this week of the rebellion when forces backing Russia opened fire on police in the east.

The violence prompted the ever-vigilant U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to call the troops to arms, saying these events are a "wake-up call" to NATO allies — because the West believes Russia is fomenting the unrest and the rebels in Ukraine.

But one ally is curiously keeping its distance — Turkey, a NATO member state since 1952 and Russia's neighbour across the Black Sea with the potential to wield much influence with Moscow.

In fact, Turkey recently agreed to increase its energy supply from Russia, while other countries are talking about scaling back.
Turkey bound by domestic issues

To be fair, Turkey has echoed the prevailing Western sentiment, calling for a diplomatic solution to the crisis and for Ukraine's territorial integrity to be respected — but that was before the Crimean referendum, which directly impacted the Tatar minority (ethnically related to the Turks).

The indigenous Tatars, which make up 12 per cent of the population in Crimea, have a history of strained relations with ethnic Russians in the region. They were expelled from Crimea by Joseph Stalin after the Second World War and only began to return in the 1980s.

They fiercely opposed the annexation of Crimea, fearing a return of Russian rule. The Tatars boycotted the referendum, which ultimately resulted in the Crimean peninsula being parcelled off to Moscow.

Since then, Turkey has kept tight-lipped, largely due to domestic reasons, according to experts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-cr ... -1.2625991

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:

Today few separatists conquered Donezk prosecuting department. Noone of them even didn't stop that morons. East government doesn't listen what Kyiv is saying. Goodbye East part of Ukraine - Next is South part. Everything that left will be calling Ukraine.

The Govt has to be cautious- They have to ensure as little violence as possible erupts. That is what Russia wants. It will take time to regain control. Consider also the May elections could very well be delayed.

It would take a massive presence of election monitors in the East to ensure a fair election. Otherwise you just look to the election in Crimea or Russia, or for the Mayor of Moscow.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:31 pm

PF - What part of Ukraine are you currently residing in? I understand if you choose not to answer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 71  72  73  74  75  76  77 ... 175  Next