Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:28 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
martin14 martin14:
Have you ever been outside Canada ?

I worked in a suburb of Richmond, Virginia, for 6 months in 1997. The manager told me built a large garage behind his house. Government inspector wouldn't let him pour concrete for the pad because one corner was over a natural gas line. He offered to make the concrete thicker in that corner, to ensure no pressure on the underground pipe. Then gave the government inspector a bribe. The inspector accepted after receiving the bribe.

I worked in Miami, Florida, for 10 months in 1999/2000. My contract was for the county government, so don't expect anyone there to admit to bribery. But the newspaper was full of accusations. Every ethnic group accused every other. Hispanics hated blacks, blacks hated hispanics, whites hated everyone. Even within the Hispanic community: those from Argentina hated Cubans, Mexicans were separate. Etc. Too bad, I liked the party atmosphere at CocoWalk on Friday night and weekends.

It felt like the US was the world's largest third world country. Pay was good, but I was glad to return home.

He means not 1-st world countries.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:36 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
martin14 martin14:
Have you ever been outside Canada ?

I worked in a suburb of Richmond, Virginia, for 6 months in 1997. The manager told me built a large garage behind his house. Government inspector wouldn't let him pour concrete for the pad because one corner was over a natural gas line. He offered to make the concrete thicker in that corner, to ensure no pressure on the underground pipe. Then gave the government inspector a bribe. The inspector accepted after receiving the bribe.

I worked in Miami, Florida, for 10 months in 1999/2000. My contract was for the county government, so don't expect anyone there to admit to bribery. But the newspaper was full of accusations. Every ethnic group accused every other. Hispanics hated blacks, blacks hated hispanics, whites hated everyone. Even within the Hispanic community: those from Argentina hated Cubans, Mexicans were separate. Etc. Too bad, I liked the party atmosphere at CocoWalk on Friday night and weekends.

It felt like the US was the world's largest third world country. Pay was good, but I was glad to return home.

You mean you were happy to get back to your part of Canada where there's a homogenous, tangible, and identifiable monoculture?

Now be sure to tell Andy to go **** himself when he demands an end to borders and immigration controls so your orderly part of the world can start to resemble the diverse, multicultural 'paradise' of Miami, Florida.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
He means not 1-st world countries.

I know. But I'm calling the US a 3rd world country. I know, you can't push that too far. But to answer the question directly: no. I've never been outside Canada/US.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:39 am

PostFactum PostFactum:

True it is not along ethnic - language lines. Many of Russian ancestry want SFA to do with Russia- In the previous link, aaprox 40 % want nothing to do with the EU- same numbers differing areas, want SFA to do with Russia.

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Interesting. Your map shows Dnipropetrovs'k as "predominantly Russian-speaking" but not "Significant ethnic Russian population". Yuzhmash is in that oblast.

Your map shows 4 oblasts are "Significant ethnic Russian population": Kharkivs'ka, Lahans'ka, Donets'k, and Zaporizhzhya. Do you know what proportion is ethnic Russian? And what proportion isn't ethinic Russian, but speaks Russian?

No I do not.
During the last election many in Western Ukraine voted for the fellow booted a few months ago. Why, corruption.
The vast majority - regardless of heritage do not want to be under Russia's thumb. An oppressive and highly corrupt thumb.
Links to election result.Note the changes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielmitch ... secession/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 am

The fact that you are referring to the US as Third World demonstrates you have no real world experience. There are pockets of the Third World there as well as here in Canada....aren't you all whining about Sam Katz and 'corrupton' in Winnipeg anyways?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Now be sure to tell Andy to go **** himself when he demands an end to borders and immigration controls so your orderly part of the world can start to resemble the diverse, multicultural 'paradise' of Miami, Florida.

YOu like to pat yourself on the back because you'll agree with someone you vehemently disagree with on other topics. But making up bullshit positions about someone isn't very honorable. I've all along argued for less immigration to Canada, and have been called racist for it by people here who will stoop to any level to fling shit. But you're just as bad as they are with this comment. I don't support putting limits on certain races or ethnic groups, I do support being much more choosy about who we let in as far as skills and willingness to integrate. So if you have any honor, you will retract your statement. I thought only Thanos was flinging the sort of shit you've done here, all because I called him on a silly economic argument.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
You mean you were happy to get back to your part of Canada where there's a homogenous, tangible, and identifiable monoculture?

I live in Winnipeg. Our city has been ethnically diverse a lot longer than Toronto. English and French are less than half the population; the largest single ethnic group is Ukrainian. We have Mennonites, German, Chinese, Sikh, Pakistani, Phillipino, etc. There are more people of aboriginal descent in Winnipeg than the largest reservation in Canada. Ethinic tollerance is us! We aren't monoculture.

The primary concern a few years ago was when we had a large influx of both Sikh and Pakistani at the same time. They didn't like each other. The issue was to get them to leave their conflect in the old country; don't bring it here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 am

Goober911 Goober911:

No I do not.
During the last election many in Western Ukraine voted for the fellow booted a few months ago. Why, corruption.
The vast majority - regardless of heritage do not want to be under Russia's thumb. An oppressive and highly corrupt thumb.

you mean Tymoshenko's corruption, right?

If they don't want to be under Russia's thumb, this would be a good time to show it. So far this supposed majority is very silent while the other side runs rampant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 am

No, john, you're wrong because you like to call other people racists even when they actually agree with you. No need to apologize, john, it's who you are and it's what you do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 am

Thanos Thanos:
No, john, you're wrong because you like to call other people racists even when they actually agree with you. No need to apologize, john, it's who you are and it's what you do.

Got a link for that? Do you mean when you were going on about shaniquas and such? Yeah, that sounded pretty racist to me.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:49 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
aren't you all whining about Sam Katz and 'corrupton' in Winnipeg anyways?

Um, well. Ok, good point. During the last municipal election we didn't have anyone else credible. He got worse. Now, if he's smart, he won't try for re-election.

Last edited by Winnipegger on Thu May 01, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 am

andyt andyt:
Goober911 Goober911:

No I do not.

you mean Tymoshenko's corruption, right?

If they don't want to be under Russia's thumb, this would be a good time to show it. So far this supposed majority is very silent while the other side runs rampant.

Andy - Google each President and the corruption.
Then you will see why Ukrainians, of ethnic Ukrainian descent voted for the last fellow, who is pro Russian and of Russian ancestry.
Corruption, was the factor.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 am

Don't remember any shaniqua comments. The Obongo and Tray-boon comments were coming from Martin, not me, if I recall it correctly. Do remember the referring to foreigners as "ayayay's" from Ayayayastan though, mostly in bemusement at their tendency to start yapping at light speed in the mother tongue and wildly gesticulating with their arms when they get upset. Not much of the old British/Germanic/Gallic stoicism in any of them, from what I've seen, but at least it provides me with lots of laughs whenever I observe it.

Far cry from burning a cross on someone's lawn though, john. If you weren't so wrapped up in your own liberal righteousness and need to accuse, or actually knew how to have a laff or two every once in a while at something decidedly non-pc, you'd see it for the harmlessness that it actually is.

PS: Brocket 99 OWNS!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:01 am

Thanos Thanos:
Don't remember any shaniqua comments. The Obongo and Tray-boon comments were coming from Martin, not me, if I recall it correctly. Do remember the referring to foreigners as "ayayay's" from Ayayayastan though, mostly in bemusement at their tendency to start yapping at light speed in the mother tongue and wildly gesticulating with their arms when they get upset. Not much of the old British/Germanic/Gallic stoicism in any of them, from what I've seen, but at least it provides me with lots of laughs whenever I observe it.

Far cry from burning a cross on someone's lawn though, john. If you weren't so wrapped up in your own liberal righteousness and need to accuse, or actually knew how to have a laff or two every once in a while at something decidedly non-pc, you'd see it for the harmlessness that it actually is.

PS: Brocket 99 OWNS!

Martin i expect it from. you were going on about detroit blacks. You were painting with a pretty broad brush, and those martinesque comments did not suit you. I don't expect different from someone who can say chinks here and not one person called him on it. Zip said he's just a straight talker. Well, so are racists.

you don't have to burn a cross on someones lawn. YOu always take it to the extreme.

I can laugh, I'm not pc. But at some point, claiming to not be pc just becomes racism. You got caught up in the frenzy about detroit, maybe you thought you were being funny, it didn't read that way to me. Too bad, because I really respect how well you write and often even agree with your pov. And even when I don't, I can respect it. The detroit thing, i couldn't

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:03 am

My point is they're all corrupt, pro or anti West. There's a tendency here to want to make the the pro West side pure angles, it ain't so. Tymoshenko was a huge disappointment because she represented such hope after the orange revolution. You expect it from someone like yanukovych.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 70  71  72  73  74  75  76 ... 175  Next