PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Title: Conservative backbenchers say they're being muzzled in Parliament
Category: Political
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2013-03-26 14:05:49
Canadian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm

$1:
Mr. Warawa tried to fight back by reading a statement in the Commons but says the Conservative brass struck his name from the list of members set to make statements. �The reason I was given was that the topic was not approved of,� Mr. Warawa said.

Mr. Harper has made it clear to his caucus that he does not want the abortion debate reopened in the House. Mr. Warawa, on the other hand, insists he has the right to raise whatever issue he sees fit.

I've never been happier about something Steve has done.

I look forward to the new Reform party.

R=UP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

So who are you rooting for. The pro-life muzzelees or the pro-choice muzzlers. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm

this is a tough one...the polls are always 50-50. I don't believe in abortion as a means of birth control but I am not against for other legitimate (in my opinion) conditions (rape, serious risk to mother, serious risk of birth defects).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Doesn't matter what you believe. It's none of your business what other people do to their bodies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Doesn't matter what you believe. It's none of your business what other people do to their bodies.

My sentiments also.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:

Is abortion "cuz you had an ooopsie" an elective procedure or is it covered by provincial health plans?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:19 am

Sad state of affairs when parents are opting for abortion because they want a boy or a girl and we're all afraid to talk about how fucked up that is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:21 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Is abortion "cuz you had an ooopsie" an elective procedure or is it covered by provincial health plans?

I don't know. Is heart by-pass surgery, when it's caused by eating cheeseburgers and smoking cigarettes covered?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Sad state of affairs when parents are opting for abortion because they want a boy or a girl and we're all afraid to talk about how fucked up that is.

Before we had a way to figure out the sex in the womb, they killed or abandoned them at birth. But you're right, that's not a good reason for abortion. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

I don't know. Is heart by-pass surgery, when it's caused by eating cheeseburgers and smoking cigarettes covered?

I dunno, but considering that taxes are paid on fast food and cigarettes and the fact that fucking is free, or the fact that no one has ever needed heart by-pass surgery after just ONE cheeseburger and/or cigarette....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:24 am

It's nice to see the social conservatives being controlled and told to STFU rather than have them purge everyone else out of a political party the way they've done to the Republicans in the US.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:42 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

How many abortions like that are happening though? I know it happens in some countries (India and China for example), but really how prevalent is it in Canada?

I'd bet that most abortions are done for other reasons (medical, age, rape/abuse, etc).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 am

So Curtman is anti-abortion? :lol:

Maybe those Mps can cross the floor and join the LPC or the NDP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

How many abortions like that are happening though? I know it happens in some countries (India and China for example), but really how prevalent is it in Canada?

I'd bet that most abortions are done for other reasons (medical, age, rape/abuse, etc).

To be blunt, does it matter how many times it's happening?

Does it make it any more or less acceptable if parents are opting to abort a baby purely based on the sex?

To me, it doesn't matter if it happens 10 or 10,000 times. It's still barbaric.