Title: CRTC wants public's views on automated calls from telemarketers
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2013-03-20 18:18:04
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:05 pm

It's simple. What right do they have to waste my time?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Telemarketers should be forced to give their home phone numbers to everyone they call. Oh, and when they eat supper considering they're working during everyone else's. Hmmm.....maybe their home address to would be handy for those really annoying callers.....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I get called by them every single day now, it is driving me to consider changing my number, despite being on the useless do not call list.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 pm

They should be banned outright, and that includes charities, surveys, and (especially) election polling.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I retired from refereeing hockey after last season, but I still have a use for my Fox-40 whistle. It sits right beside the phone. Telemarketers get a dose of hearing loss when they ring up my number.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I don't want anybody calling me to solicit business or donations or political support, automated or not.

I've taken to letting my answering machine screen all my calls. People who know me, and whose calls I want, all know the drill.

I get anywhere from one to three unsolicited calls a day, even though I'm on the do not call list. I'm just totally fed up with them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:

I retired from refereeing hockey after last season, but I still have a use for my Fox-40 whistle. It sits right beside the phone. Telemarketers get a dose of hearing loss when they ring up my number.

The guys on the phone are just immigrants and poor people who hate their min wage job more than you do and already get a healthy dose of dehumanization from their employer. No need to take your frustration out on them. The company and bosses should be the target of your aggression, not these poor SOB's.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

You mean the CRTC is truly that clueless?

I mean who DOESN'T love being called on an almost daily basis or more while trying to relax at home with family, or eat supper.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Nothing like coming home from work and going to sleep only to get a phone call from a machine, telling me I have already won a prize of a cruise, or that my credit card interest rates could be lower.

Two services I don't want.

If the CRTC needs to ask what Canadians think, then the whole regulatory body should be disbanned and replaced by an orginization that isn't objectively full retard.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:20 pm

It's like that old, stupid laxative commercial that used to ask, " IS constipation a problem?"
What do they think the answer is gonna be, I dig it?

I do have some fun with the automated calls since I have no shortage of time to waste. I'll use my call display to dial the number back, and when I finally do manage to connect to a human I say, "Please hold for the next available representative", and then fire up one of several really fucked up songs by the Butthole Surfers :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:21 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
The guys on the phone are just immigrants and poor people who hate their min wage job more than you do and already get a healthy dose of dehumanization from their employer. No need to take your frustration out on them. The company and bosses should be the target of your aggression, not these poor SOB's.

Then a sore ear may convince them to find something more productive to do for a living than to interrupt my supper every fucking day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Lemmy Lemmy:

If I get an actual person when I pick up the phone, I just like to fuck with their heads but I'll rarely verbally abuse them or anything extreme. If I get one of those ones that asks me to hold for the next representative as soon I answer the phone, I hang up to do my aforementioned callback from my previous post.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Lemmy Lemmy:

True. Still like to pratcie my pig calls on 'em though. Sooooooo-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Dude from another site I go to says he starts pretending to speak in Spanish when he gets these calls. Starts going "si, si, no habla engles, si, si, maricon, no habla". Odds are great that the sales caller can't speak Spanish so they get pissed off and hang up, which is absolutely hilarious to think that one immigrant with poor English is getting enraged at another "immigrant" who can't speak English. :P