Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:35 pm

How do you know they are people like that?

Be angry with what you know...not what you do not know.

After that...move on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Linda Gibbons jailed for one count, but may remain behind bars for another
$1:
Linda Gibbons, a 63-year-old grandmother and devout Christian, has already been jailed for more than nine years over two decades for repeatedly defying a court order that bans picketing within 150 feet of several Toronto abortion clinics.

$1:
Wagner, 38, is currently in jail in Toronto awaiting trial after entering a clinic in August — this following a conviction in March for a similar offence last November when she attempted to force her way into a Toronto clinic's private treatment area.

I can't be sure I suppose, but if the media reports are to be believed they are most definitely people like the ones I met that day.

Gunnair Gunnair:

After that...move on.

Let them protest at the legislature, or block a railroad or something. Leave our hospitals alone, and damn any politician does their work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Irony. You'll give one group free reign while restricting another.

Sometimes protests don't follow yours or my rules.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 pm

$1:
To be eligible for this honour, a person must:

Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but need not necessarily reside in Canada;
Have made a significant contribution to a particular province, territory, region or community within Canada, or an achievement abroad that brings credit to Canada; and
Be alive on February 6th, 2012, the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty’s accession to the Throne. The medal can be awarded posthumously, as long as the recipient was alive on that date.

$1:
Linda Gibbons, a 63-year-old grandmother and devout Christian, has already been jailed for more than nine years over two decades for repeatedly defying a court order that bans picketing within 150 feet of several Toronto abortion clinics.

$1:
Wagner, 38, is currently in jail in Toronto awaiting trial after entering a clinic in August — this following a conviction in March for a similar offence last November when she attempted to force her way into a Toronto clinic's private treatment area.

You are apologizing for this MP, or the protesters? Or just picking fights?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 pm

You saw an apology in my post? I thought it was merely pointing out the irony that you'll give free reign to one group that you support while drawing strict boundaries for one you don't.

Maybe you'll figure it out but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
You saw an apology in my post? I thought it was merely pointing out the irony that you'll give free reign to one group that you support while drawing strict boundaries for one you don't.

Who did I give free reign to again?

You are either apologizing for him, or condoning Maurice Vellacott. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you're just trolling. It's hard to tell on any given night.

For now then...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

I doubt if you will find anyone willing to take that bet. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Who did I give free reign to again?

You are either apologizing for him, or condoning Maurice Vellacott. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you're just trolling. It's hard to tell on any given night.

For now then...

You tap out quite quick these days when the discussion turns uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Well lets hear it then..

Gunnair Gunnair:

After that...move on.

Humour us, and explain it to me then. Do you think these two deserved medals for having made a significant contribution to Canada?

Do you think Maurice Vellacott has been elected by his constituents to question the judgement and ethics of medical professionals, and demand the RCMP take action based on his beliefs?

Why shouldn't I be angry about a member of our government giving a medal to someone for barging into a hospital to disrupt surgery?

I think it still remains to be proved that you are in fact a real person, and not an auto-response bot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Well lets hear it then..

Gunnair Gunnair:

After that...move on.

Humour us, and explain it to me then. Do you think these two deserved medals for having made a significant contribution to Canada?

Do you think Maurice Vellacott has been elected by his constituents to question the judgement and ethics of medical professionals, and demand the RCMP take action based on his beliefs?

Why shouldn't I be angry about a member of our government giving a medal to someone for barging into a hospital to disrupt surgery?

I think it still remains to be proved that you are in fact a real person, and not an auto-response bot.

More irony from the pot good Harper bad guy. :lol:

As for the medals... no, I don't think they did. With respect tot the MP - I bet he is representing some of his constituents.

I'll wager that if one of your pot advocate heroes was given a QDJM you'd be teary eyed with joy. Just demonstrates what partisanship does.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
More irony from the pot good Harper bad guy. :lol:

As for the medals... no, I don't think they did. With respect tot the MP - I bet he is representing some of his constituents.

I'll wager that if one of your pot advocate heroes was given a QDJM you'd be teary eyed with joy. Just demonstrates what partisanship does.

If I had pot advocate heroes, and they barged into hospital treatment rooms I think I would begin to question my cause. But that's just my partisanship I guess, yours is different. Rolling joints on Stephen Harper's desk is funny to me. Barging into surgery, not so much. I would think it would be strange if Jacob got a medal for his protest though.

If I was someone who defended this behaviour because my partisanship demanded it, I'd question that too. Not you though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Quick tap out when the discussion becomes uncomfortable. What else in life do you quit so quickly when the going gets tough?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Quick tap out when the discussion becomes uncomfortable. What else in life do you quit so quickly when the going gets tough?

Gunnair Gunnair:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

It's quite obvious when you either have nothing left or the discussion became uncomfortable for you because you ran out of debating talent.

Really, your ire is interesting coming from a professional protester with a handful of cause celebres to pick from.

Why do your causes get a by but theirs do not?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

We don't disrupt surgery. That makes us better than you.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next