Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:56 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Jaime_Souviens Jaime_Souviens:
DerbyX DerbyX:
In what way is he remotely doing anything right? You are in a war you will never win losing 2 soldiers a day. Your deficit & debt are at record levels. His approval is the lowest of any former president. What more do you need.

If I thought anything you've just listed were true, then you might have an argument.

You can actually look those facts up. The casualities figures are on the CNN website, you can easily look up the debt/deficit numbers for verification and his approval ratings are on the CNN site as well.

These aren't facts.

"You are in a war you will never win losing 2 soldiers a day."

Two soldiers a day may be a fact. (It may not. Or it may be a misleading statistic.)

'You are in a war you will never win' is not a fact. It's your opinion. That's nothing like a fact.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:59 pm

Who's nit picking now?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:01 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
DerbyX DerbyX:
In what way is he remotely doing anything right? You are in a war you will never win losing 2 soldiers a day. Your deficit & debt are at record levels. His approval is the lowest of any former president. What more do you need.

If I thought anything you've just listed were true, then you might have an argument.

You can actually look those facts up. The casualities figures are on the CNN website, you can easily look up the debt/deficit numbers for verification and his approval ratings are on the CNN site as well.

These aren't facts.

Two soldiers a day may be a fact. (It may not. Or it may be a misleading statistic.)

'You are in a war you will never win' is not a fact. It's your opinion. That's nothing like a fact.

"war you will never win" is my opinion but it is founded on pretty solid evidence.

2 soldiers/day is a verifiable fact. How is it a misleading statistic. They are not all combat deaths to be sure but does that matter?

The deficit/debt are very verifiable facts and should be a concern to you. The US cannot ignore it forever. deficits & debt nearly bankrupted Canada. Your economy is very different but eventually it will catch up with you.

The approval ratings are verifiable as well but arguably of no concern to a 2-term prez.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:18 pm

Don't froget to mention that Can-US relations have never been as bad as they have during the Bush Administration...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:24 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
These aren't facts.

"war you will never win" is my opinion but it is founded on pretty solid evidence.

Really? How much evidence do you have to compile to accurately predict the outcome of a war?

(Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.)

DerbyX DerbyX:
2 soldiers/day is a verifiable fact. How is it a misleading statistic. They are not all combat deaths to be sure but does that matter?

I don't know, haven't looked into it. But if it's 'two soldiers a day, overall, but tending below that number for the past six months,' or 'two soldiers a day but continually dropping,' then 'two soldiers a day' would be misleading.

DerbyX DerbyX:
The deficit/debt are very verifiable facts and should be a concern to you. The US cannot ignore it forever. deficits & debt nearly bankrupted Canada. Your economy is very different but eventually it will catch up with you.

Same thing. Highest deficit ever? In constant dollars? Per capita? What's the debt to overall value? What's the debt incomparison to overall markets?

The United States debt was huge from about WWII to the early 1990's. Leftists screamed that Reagan had triplied the debt in the 1980's, (or had quadrupled, or quintupled... who cares, it's only Leftist noise.) Anyway, the United States burned through that debt through economic growth in less than a decade.

So, debt isn't really an issue.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:27 pm

God blessed the Founding Fathers of the United States of America.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:29 pm

Constantinople Constantinople:

Do you ever get tired of saying that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:43 pm

$1:
Really? How much evidence do you have to compile to accurately predict the outcome of a war?

(Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.)

I'll answer regardless. Look at the situation. Its more or less a civil war with the US being targetted as occupiers. There have been zero indications of any progress being made and everything to show that it is an ongoing quagmire. If you want to take the position that you are only fighting potential terrorists who would strike on US soil that is seperate from trying to win.

$1:
I don't know, haven't looked into it. But if it's 'two soldiers a day, overall, but tending below that number for the past six months,' or 'two soldiers a day but continually dropping,' then 'two soldiers a day' would be misleading.

I do. I have. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/f ... index.html

Some months are worse then others but the rate has been pretty steady. They have often made statements like "the insurgency is in its last throes" but then the casualties spike back up. 2 soldiers/day is fairly accurate.

$1:
Same thing. Highest deficit ever? In constant dollars? Per capita? What's the debt to overall value? What's the debt incomparison to overall markets?

The United States debt was huge from about WWII to the early 1990's. Leftists screamed that Reagan had triplied the debt in the 1980's, (or had quadrupled, or quintupled... who cares, it's only Leftist noise.) Anyway, the United States burned through that debt through economic growth in less than a decade.

So, debt isn't really an issue.

Its your country. You can look up the figures and see that bush is running record deficits. Rants against the left are biased & misleading. You consider everyone who disagrees with you as "leftist" even Avro. I've read about the warning signs about the US debt when research Canada's. The article talks about how Canada can insulate itself against massive US financial problems caused by debt. You can dismiss it all you want, the PC backers did the same thing until Canada's credit rating was downgraded. I'm no financial expert and neither are you. Don't take my word for it, investigate for yourself. Voicing concern over an escalating deficit/debt should be a concern for dem/reps anyway. Think the republicans didn't complain about the deficit/debt when clinton was in charge?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:

And thus we descend into all opinion...

I'm not going to argue the whole Bush Administration here & now. I'm sure we'll have time for that as the years wind along.

This is a thread on New Orleans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:56 pm

This is why you are an asshole. You deliberately did that because you knew I was here and wanted to start shit. Here's a response.

Your fucking god is a myth. You are a fool for believing it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:58 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:

And thus we descend into all opinion...

I'm not going to argue the whole Bush Administration here & now. I'm sure we'll have time for that as the years wind along.

This is a thread on New Orleans.

Don't start crying now. You want to end the debate, fine. Its your country and you can ignore the deficit & debt if you want. I hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the ass. Back to New Orleans then.....

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:05 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:

This is why you are an asshole. You deliberately did that because you knew I was here and wanted to start shit. Here's a response.

Your fucking god is a myth. You are a fool for believing it.

Actually, I was reading some of what Jaime said and I figured that it was our form of government that made us so strong.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm

The Hoser The Hoser:

That's the first time I said that on here.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:07 pm

The Hoser The Hoser:

It's the same 'God Bless such and such' shite you always announce your arival with.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:10 pm

The Hoser The Hoser:

A lie. You spout religious hargues whenever you can. All you people say that your god has "blessed" them. Its a sad pathetic way to put yourselves about everyone else. If your god has "blessed" your country then he somehow favours it? You are no different then the muslims claiming allah is "with them" and is "punishing America".

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 16  Next