Title: Trump has just revolutionized global trade by replacing NAFTA with USMCA
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2018-10-02 09:16:13
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

I posted this article as an example of how effed up fox news is.
This is where a lot of Americans get all their info.
explains a lot eh.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:52 am

Robair Robair:
explains a lot eh.

Yup. :(

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm

I don't watch Fox News.

Can't stand all the panels with assholes screaming at each other.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:27 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I thought all of your 'news' channels covered politics?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:50 pm

I wasn't sure how horrified I should be because the link was posted incorrectly and I can't see the article.

I had to look it up. This one, right?

$1:
Trump administration negotiators reached a major agreement with Canada on trade over the weekend. The breakthrough, which came on the heels of an earlier deal with Mexico, vindicates President Trump’s tough approach to reforming trade and will mark a fundamental turning point for American jobs and global power.

The new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), which replaces the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), is much more than just a new name.

Some of its breakthroughs include:

Aiding farmers by curbing Canada’s high tariffs and low quotas on U.S. dairy products.
Reinvigorating U.S. car manufacturing. Previously 40 percent of a car could be made in China or other places with few labor or environmental standards and still considered to be “North American” and imported cheaply into the USA. The agreement drops this foreign portion to 25 percent.

Easing the burden on sick Americans who fund drug development by paying full price for patented drugs. Both Canada and Mexico have agreed to respect drug patents on biologic drugs—the most promising field of new cures—for a period of 10 years, which means Americans won’t be only ones from whom drug companies can recover expenses.

NAFTA was the most hated trade agreement in U.S. history. A poll earlier this year showed a plurality of Americans wanted to leave the agreement and only one in three thought it was beneficial. That’s why self-described “free traders” who have whined incessantly about Trump’s use of tariffs and other aggressive tactics should praise him. Trump has taken a pact that facilitated crony trade and replaced it with one that is durable and preserves liberalized trade in North America. It also serves as a new standard for trade agreements with other counties, especially its provisions to protect U.S. digital services and intellectual property—a big part of the future economy.

More at Link

It does seem to be written from the POV of the American right but knowing that I'm not sure I see what's more incorrect about it than how much of our media is portraying the agreement as a gigantic liberal victory.

Also, let's give the Devil his due. Fox posted that as an "Opinion" piece.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't watch Fox News.

You just like the forums with all the assholes that scream at each other? Me too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 pm

llama66 llama66:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't watch Fox News.

You just like the forums with all the assholes that scream at each other? Me too.

"Pound?" # :wink:

It's your fault. I'll never be able to see the 2 words "Me too" now without laughing.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm

$1:
Easing the burden on sick Americans who fund drug development by paying full price for patented drugs. Both Canada and Mexico have agreed to respect drug patents on biologic drugs—the most promising field of new cures—for a period of 10 years, which means Americans won’t be only ones from whom drug companies can recover expenses

Parroting big pharma's line is not doing the American electorate any favors. For example.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

"Pound?" # :wink:

It's your fault. I'll never be able to see the 2 words "Me too" now without laughing.

Ruining things is one of the many services I offer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm

They sound like Apple talking about a new phone or laptop that changes one thing.