canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Title: Toronto men charged with beating anti-Erdogan protesters still haven�t been arrested
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2017-12-30 16:12:12

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:17 pm

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/1 ... ested.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:19 pm

"WASHINGTON - The two Toronto men accused in a high-profile U.S. attack on peaceful protesters have not been arrested, and their whereabouts are now unknown."

$1:
Ahmet Dereci and Mahmut Sami Ellialti, passionate supporters of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, face assault and hate crime charges related to unprovoked violence against anti-Erdogan demonstrators in Washington, D.C.

Washington’s police chief announced the charges against Dereci and Ellialti, along with Erdogan bodyguards, at a press conference in June. But his force never asked Toronto police for help apprehending the North York residents, according to Toronto police spokesperson Mark Pugash, and the men did not respond to a public request to turn themselves in.

Dereci’s former Toronto immigration lawyer, Brian Ibrahim Cintosun, and other members of the Turkish and Kurdish communities believe Dereci and Ellialti have fled to their native Turkey.

The Star could not independently confirm this. Photos of Dereci posing at a park in Istanbul were posted on Facebook the week after the charges were announced in June. Four people at their North York mosque said they both traveled to Turkey in the summer.

Regardless of their present location, the absence of justice has dismayed victims of an attack described by Washington’s mayor as a “vicious” affront to Americans’ free speech rights.

“With him being one of the ones who assaulted me personally, it’s extremely frustrating to see that he’s gotten away scot-free, essentially,” said Toronto’s Elif Genc, a PhD student and Kurdish activist who said she suffered a concussion and numerous bruises when she was assaulted by men allegedly including Ellialti. “And also, on a larger level, just for Kurds, and for people in this fight for human rights for Kurds, it’s extremely frustrating.”

Victims did not expect Erdogan’s security officers — 15 of the 19 people charged — to be arrested once they were allowed to leave the U.S. But they believed the two residents of Canada would be held accountable, like the two U.S. citizens who were arrested.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Too bad the guards didn't drive a car into the protesters instead. Then they could count on your support with every bullshit theory and bit of what-if nonsense you're capable of pulling out of your ass.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Speaking of out your ass nonsense, what on earth are you talking about?

And what could it possibly have to do with two of Erdogan's thugs being Canadian residents?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Oh wait...I think I've got it. Charlottesville, right?

I believe my proposal there was James Fields may have been overcharged and they may have trouble making those charges stick.

How is that like this in any place other than your fevered imagination. Have these guys even been charged?

Do try to stay on subject. Can you do that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 am

These "Canadians" are a fine example of the kind of immigrant we don't want here, and why we should be A) screening immigrants for social views and B) expelling immigrants who turn out to have violent dispositions and political and social views.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 am

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
These "Canadians" are a fine example of the kind of immigrant we don't want here, and why we should be A) screening immigrants for social views and B) expelling immigrants who turn out to have violent dispositions and political and social views.

We should also add thoughtcrime and crimethink to the criminal code, if we're really going all '1984'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:07 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

We should also add thoughtcrime and crimethink to the criminal code, if we're really going all '1984'.

I thought that was already covered with hate crimes and the kangaroo courts of human rights violations.

But those seem to just be for the locals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

Funny given it's the Left which pushes so strongly for thought crimes. I'm generally against thought crime laws, but that doesn't mean I want to import people with outrageously backward views. Do you? Do you want to bring in, say, a million bible thumping Baptists from Alabama? I doubt it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 am

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

Funny given it's the Left which pushes so strongly for thought crimes. I'm generally against thought crime laws, but that doesn't mean I want to import people with outrageously backward views. Do you? Do you want to bring in, say, a million bible thumping Baptists from Alabama? I doubt it.

Everyone has a right to believe whatever they like. It's not my job, nor the governments' to police what people think, even if - as the alt-right want us to believe - it's for public safety reasons.

And if you are 'generally against' thought crimes, why advocate for them?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:45 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

Just curious, but who are the moderate neo-Nazis, Klansmen, or white supremacists that you'd approve of letting into Canada?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Vbeacher Vbeacher:

Just curious, but who are the moderate neo-Nazis, Klansmen, or white supremacists that you'd approve of letting into Canada?

Non-Sequitur. See my previous post.

An can you really call any of those groups, 'moderate'? ;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
And can you really call any of those groups, 'moderate'? ;)

Therefore every member of one of those groups that has extreme views should be excluded from Canada?

And those extreme views would be things like wanting all of the Jews killed, believing that their identity group should rule over everyone, and promoting violence against people with different beliefs?

Naturally, you see where I'm going with this, right?