canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 am

Title: The Montreal Canadiens have legitimized rape culture by drafting Logan Mailloux | National Post
Category: Sports
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2021-07-27 19:17:31
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 am

Wow, overreact much?

He shared a photo without consent. That is not rape, nor is it condoning rape.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:37 pm

All the sponsors for the Canadiens have pulled pin on this. Massive damage to the brand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Mailloux seems seriously stupid. If he stays in the NHL and this dies down any team he's on should get ready to have a lot of Patrick Kane-grade of embarrassment generated by him. Second chance? Maybe. He sounds like he'll need a no-nonsense chaperone glued to him for most of his career to keep him from going full-retard at the drop of a hat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:39 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Wow, overreact much?

From the video above there was a comment to the effect of imagine if you were a father of the girl would you be OK with this?

The reaction kinda said it all from there. Yes, he did do the time for the crime but this isn't a 2nd chance this is an endorsement and clearly none of the sponsors and stakeholders are on board with that. I can't say I blame them either.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:13 am

Scape Scape:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Wow, overreact much?

From the video above there was a comment to the effect of imagine if you were a father of the girl would you be OK with this?

The reaction kinda said it all from there. Yes, he did do the time for the crime but this isn't a 2nd chance this is an endorsement and clearly none of the sponsors and stakeholders are on board with that. I can't say I blame them either.

I never said it wasn't a dick move, or condoned it in any way. I just wrote it is not rape, nor is it condoning rape.

The guy was convicted of sexual assault for it in Sweden, and that will follow him for the rest of his life, just as those pictures will unfortunately follow her too. :( It was a bad move from the Habs to draft him, especially after he begged them not to. Now they have to pay for their mistake.

Heard on the news that they will not be offering him any positions on any of their teams, even though they will keep him as a draft pick.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:10 am

Game One, that kid is going to get murdered on the ice.

I think is one of the more tone-deaf moves made by a team in while, and this is coming from a Leafs Fan.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

Social media strikes again.

I'm sure he's not the only one who has done this but he got caught. The NHL, in knowing that there would be a negative reaction, should have disqualified him from selection.