Category: Websites
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2012-03-20 22:07:56

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Wow. I don't do facebook or twitter myself, so this would be a non-issue for me, but for those who do... would you reveal your login and password for a potential employer to see your info?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Not at all lol. My subscription to penthouse on the other hand... jeez.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Wow. I don't do facebook or twitter myself, so this would be a non-issue for me, but for those who do... would you reveal your login and password for a potential employer to see your info?

Honestly, the issue isn't that they could see the information, the issue is that they asked for your full login information leaving you open to future access attempts and should the guy be a jerk he could have removed posts, changed information and the like. Most businesses are happy just seeing your profile, asking for your username and password is a whole new issue, how would you feel if an employer asked for your CKA username and password?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 pm

user name: go fuck yourself

password: hardandfrequently

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Strutz Strutz:

Honestly, the issue isn't that they could see the information, the issue is that they asked for your full login information leaving you open to future access attempts and should the guy be a jerk he could have removed posts, changed information and the like. Most businesses are happy just seeing your profile, asking for your username and password is a whole new issue, how would you feel if an employer asked for your CKA username and password?

username and password to anything... nope!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:31 am

Yeah, I'd just say "You can keep your job. buddy." Fucking HR. Hanging's too good for 'em.

(PS: If HR comes here looking for me, I never said that. HR are wonderful people.)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:20 am

Lol so you can scroll through my photos and pretend Facebook reveals the real me or something?

Why must the only source of information on me be from my damn resume and Facebook?

How bout you talk to me instead?

Too personal i guess.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:18 am

Thats fucking outrageous. The easy escape is just to say you dont have Facebook and lock down your account so theres no photo of you visible and youre not searchable. The article says some employers ask for your email LOGIN....thats a total invasion of privacy and should be illegal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
user name: go fuck yourself

password: hardandfrequently

Best...answer...ever!

R=UP I'd rep if I could.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:10 am

*grabs crotch* Here's my log, take it in.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 am

Only if I can have their debit card and PIN code.

There is no way in hell anyone gets my password to ANYTHING. It's private, it's personal. They can see what I allow them to see, just like in real life. Or are they going to request a key to my house too, so they can see who I am in bed with? Or my complete schedule, to see what I do in my spare time? My bank records? My phone records?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 am

So what's the correct answer to give when asked for your facebook login? If I'm a human resources person, I think I WANT the guy across the table to tell me to fuck off. Aren't I looking to hire a candidate with some character and integrity? I wouldn't want someone working for me who'd offer up confidential information easily.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 am

Just lie and say you don't do Facebook, or Twitter, because you think it's stupid (which it is BTW). If they're going to start off your working relationship with a grotesque invasion of your privacy then I figure you have the equal right to lie to them just to fuck them up in return.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:20 am

By show of hands, how many here have lost money from an indiscretion on social media?

Probably not many, judging by the response.

Call me when you have proprietary technology on display in the background because some idiot decided to post a pic of himself on Facebook with the caption "check out my cool new job!"

$250,000 in development
$120,000 in testing
$385,000 in new equipment

Competitor sending you an email (including that pic), before the product is released, saying "Thanks!"...Priceless.

And before anybody tells me to go after the employee...already did, best we can do is let him go, as there was 'no intent' to harm the business.