Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-11-26 11:35:32

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:44 pm

On the Borat thread some are saying there are people who might find a comment like "Indian food is terrible" to be offensive - racist even - and therefore must be censored.

Myself, I'm against "Borating" things on the grounds they might cause offense.

I prefer the debate such as we see within the article.

I don't think the Sacha Baron Cohen fans who tell us they are impressed by his "good points" on wiping out comments that might cause offense somewhere to somebody should get to censor articles like this one in the BBC. Not even if it was reposted on Facebook.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Some Indian food is not only terrible it's downright dangerous to consume.

But other things are frankly quite tasty. I enjoy a nice curry with naan on the side and I've grown a preference for Basmati rice.

To each their own and there is nothing 'racist' about stating a personal preference.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 pm

I love "Indian" food, but there isn't really any such thing. Every area has it's own cuisine, and the ingredients can vary depending on the region. But food from Sri Lanka to Bangledesh to the Punjab is all somewhat similar, but also quite unique!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 pm

De gustibus non est disputandum...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Opinions from the land of aerosol Cheez, DumbWhip, and one drop of hot sauce in a gallon of mayo = "Flamethrower Burger"....
Maybe he ate at an Americanized curry franchise... turned the food into actual shit like Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Panda Express. Hell McD's even have Big Macs, the icon of an actual hamburger!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 pm

herbie herbie:
Opinions from the land of aerosol Cheez, DumbWhip, and one drop of hot sauce in a gallon of mayo = "Flamethrower Burger"....
Maybe he ate at an Americanized curry franchise... turned the food into actual shit like Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Panda Express. Hell McD's even have Big Macs, the icon of an actual hamburger!

No shit about the 'flamethrower' burger. :roll:

I used to get the dog spray the US Postal Service used and I'd spray it on my scrambled eggs because it was a bit stronger than Tabasco.

And if you didn't get the shit in your eyes it was actually kind of on the mild side.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am

“Indian food” is one of the most delicious foods out there. Some people only like bland food or will only eat things they’ve been fed daily since childhood I guess. .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:17 am

Indian food is quite good. I used to frequent a small Indian restaurant several years back. Always enjoyed butter chicken with basmati rice, and freshly made naan.

When I first went there with some friends that had already been regulars at Indian restaurants, I was uncertain about it. But, I do like to try things once or twice, and gave it a shot. Glad I did :D

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:56 am

A new little Indian place just opened up near the office. "Tiffin". It's pretty good. Everything from curried eggs and potatoes, to Byriani. [drool] I don't know why, but they have these little puffed chip sort of things, and you poke a hole in them and fill them up with a liquid that fairly heavily spiced, and eat/drink it. And they are very addictive!

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

And if you didn't get the shit in your eyes it was actually kind of on the mild side.

Despite the shit summer we had, I managed to grow a couple of teeny Carolina Reaper chilies. Pickled a few in Vodka, and I add a teaspoon or two of that to tacos. That will wake you up!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:03 am

I love indian food. Especially any Coconut curry.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:05 am

You are alive!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:15 am

I also enjoy curry and butter chicken et al. I guess I am lost on this article because you don't like Indian food you are racist? There are lots of foods I don't like most of them from the UK (and being from the UK that is weird) does that mean I am a white racist?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:31 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You are alive!

God, you take one week off because you have surgery; and everyone writes you off as dead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 am

uwish uwish:
I also enjoy curry and butter chicken et al. I guess I am lost on this article because you don't like Indian food you are racist? There are lots of foods I don't like most of them from the UK (and being from the UK that is weird) does that mean I am a white racist?

But have you tried Butter Paneer?