CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Curtman Curtman:
Life is precious not property, that's what insurance is for. Another step backward by the chicken little party to increase violence rather than decrease it.

Shortly after we moved into our old house in the West End, 6 years ago the neighbours told us about the guy who used to live there. Poor guy tried to stop the gangsters from stealing his car. He spent 6 months in the hospital, and had to sell the house.

Then there's my friend Jeff who was shot in the face with a sawed off shotgun way back in 1997 when he tried to stop the gangsters from stealing $60 from the Family Foods on Arlington where he worked.

It's not worth it, and our government shouldn't be encouraging vigilantes.

And you would prefer a system that would get you arrested for defending yourself?

Do you ask that expecting anything but yet another one of Curtman's "I hate Harper" soundbytes?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
jeff744 jeff744:
Curtman Curtman:
Life is precious not property, that's what insurance is for. Another step backward by the chicken little party to increase violence rather than decrease it.

Shortly after we moved into our old house in the West End, 6 years ago the neighbours told us about the guy who used to live there. Poor guy tried to stop the gangsters from stealing his car. He spent 6 months in the hospital, and had to sell the house.

Then there's my friend Jeff who was shot in the face with a sawed off shotgun way back in 1997 when he tried to stop the gangsters from stealing $60 from the Family Foods on Arlington where he worked.

It's not worth it, and our government shouldn't be encouraging vigilantes.

And you would prefer a system that would get you arrested for defending yourself?

Do you ask that expecting anything but yet another one of Curtman's "I hate Harper" soundbytes?

Not really, no.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 pm

"If pot were legal......"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

... then there wouldn't be gangs to have to defend yourself from!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 pm

...everything would be unicorns and rainbows. We wouldn't even need the police.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 pm

jeff744 jeff744:

No I'd prefer that people don't confuse defending themselves with defending their flatscreen TV.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Curtman Curtman:
jeff744 jeff744:

No I'd prefer that people don't confuse defending themselves with defending their flatscreen TV.

If someone is inside your house how do you know they plan to stop at just taking your stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Try and stick to the topic. That's a different thread all together.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Curtman Curtman:
jeff744 jeff744:

If someone is inside your house how do you know they plan to stop at just taking your stuff?

So it's better to just shoot them rather than take the chance?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:29 pm

No, not shoot them...bash their fucking heads in with a Louisville Slugger. I haven't got time to find the key, unlock the cabinet and load the weapon. You're in my house? You're goin' down long before I could get at my guns.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 pm

You might be willing to take a chance and risk the safety of your family, but most people aren't.

Lemmy Lemmy:
No, not shoot them...bash their fucking heads in with a Louisville Slugger. I haven't got time to find the key, unlock the cabinet and load the weapon. You're in my house? You're goin' down long before I could get at my guns.

that's why you send the dogs down first...it buys you some time....if there's anything left.

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:31 pm

You might be willing to take a chance and risk the safety of your family, but most people aren't.

Well you and Lemmy can escalate the robbery to homicide if you like. But you are the ones endangering your families.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Curtman Curtman:
jeff744 jeff744:
Curtman Curtman:

So it's better to just shoot them rather than take the chance?

Answer a question with a question day begins... now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Curtman Curtman:

Well you and Lemmy can escalate the robbery to homicide if you like. But you are the ones endangering your families.

Seems like you're the one who said he was willing to take a chance with his family.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Curtman Curtman:

How is it that I'm endangering my family by subduing an intruder in my home? :?