canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:09 pm

Title: Blue Jays eliminated from playoffs as Mariners pull off stunning comeback to complete wild-card sweep
Category: Sports
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2022-10-08 23:00:29
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:09 pm

I had to chuckle when I heard the final score of this game today. We didn't actually watch it but my bf checked in a few times between commercials as we were watching the NASCAR Xfinity race and the Lions game this afternoon. Last we'd checked it was, I think, the Jays up 9-6. The play-by-play guys were going on about it seemingly in their favour and there will be a game 3 and I jokingly said "Well, you never know, it's not over until it's over, there's still time"... and damn if Seattle didn't come back and win it. :lol:

We really don't follow MLB so I didn't care either way who won. I found it funny when this series was announced that the local TV sports guys were saying how, because there are so many Seattle fans in the Vancouver area, the cheering was going either way in a 50/50 split. Damn but we need more than one Canadian team in MLB though I doubt that will happen anytime soon.