Category: Military
Posted By: DerbyX
Date: 2008-07-08 20:13:48

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 pm

He'll be banging his head against the wall, but good on him for sticking his neck out.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:38 pm

There are plenty of reasons to back up his claim that the US military has become a Christian organization:
http://militaryreligiousfreedom.org/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:55 pm

That drill sergeant in full metal jacket was pretty Jesus crazy. I think you might be on to something here.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm

It sounds like he has a legitimate problem. If he was complaining about the existence of Army chaplains or the prayers before the meals, I would likely disregard it, but the cited abuse is certainly a problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Yeah. Intolerant..Every sad bastard with a sob story to tell is just joy for you losers. Now even Wicca/Witchcraft was recognized by the United States in 1975. I find it impossible to believe that an organization that employs approximately 60,000 people has never encountered an atheist before.

In any case, why do you people care, you hate the US.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Calm down. Let this man's case go through the usual channels before we pass final judgment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:19 pm

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org ... ailed.html

Major Freddy J. Welborn will be investigated and this will be solved in a legal and just manor but this group won't follow that up because all they want is the headline that the US army is evil and intolerant. The full story is just baggage that gets in the way of the saucy image they want to paint anyways.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Better. If this falls through, be sure to let us know, and then I'll join you in railing against the media. It'll be fun!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:35 pm

In the Canadian Military, you can have NRA(No Religous Affiliation) put on your dog tags, you are also no longer required to remove head dress and pray during parades..and I have never heard of anyone being hassled because of it.

In some cases the Americans can be just as much a Religous Extremists as those that they fight......quite sad really....that a man who is capable is threatened over is beliefs.....so much for freedom

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Upon further investigation, it does sound like his superior is a real goofball and Hall may have indeed been singled out. Instead of simply applying for a transfer though, he's gone public and that's probably why he's getting so much crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 pm

I wonder if he'll win...

I wish him luck.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 pm

stokes stokes:
In the Canadian Military, you can have NRA(No Religous Affiliation) put on your dog tags, you are also no longer required to remove head dress and pray during parades..and I have never heard of anyone being hassled because of it.
Wow, really? That actually sounds really good!

Is there a list of what you can choose as your "Religious Affiliation"? Do they treat it differently for different religions?

$1:
In some cases the Americans can be just as much a Religous Extremists as those that they fight......quite sad really....that a man who is capable is threatened over is beliefs.....so much for freedom

Yeah, I'm kinda disturbed how a guy went up to him after he nearly died and mocked him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:21 pm

lily lily:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I wonder if he'll win...

I wish him luck.

I'm interested, MrC.... if this were the other way around... if he felt he was being discriminated against becasue f his religion, would you still be wishing him luck?

If he was, Muslim? Or Christian?

Yes.

I hate all religion, but here's what I want.

I want ALL religion to be equal in the sense that Everyone has the right to belief, but nothing higher. The army would not have a religious affiliation. None in government, court, etc etc.

I'm not sure how to explain it really...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Mr Canada, if more people would fight religious equality instead of the diminishing of other religions that aren't their own... we'd have a lot less war.

I hate it when some Christians get it in their mind that they are right so they feel the need to put down people who believe less. I've always hated it when people like this misrepresent what Christianity is supposed to be about; love. It's so sad.

This man deserves to serve his country without being heckled for being an atheist. I think we all recognize that.

I cannot wait for the day to dawn when someone other than a Christian is elected president in this country. I hear Thomas Jefferson was an atheist... but nowadays that would not fly.