PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Title: Police admit no five-metre rule existed on security fence law
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Curtman
Date: 2010-06-29 14:17:44
Canadian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:21 pm

$1:
A ministry spokeswoman says the change was about property, not police powers, and did not include any mention of a zone five metres outside the G20 security perimeter.

When asked Tuesday if there actually was a five-metre rule given the ministry's clarification, Chief Bill Blair smiled and said, “No, but I was trying to keep the criminals out.”

I didn't know police could just make up laws and enforce them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm

The actual amendment said '5 metres from the fence-line in'. The media were the ones who said it was 5 metres from the fence, as in outside the fence-line.

People were right up to the fence line and were not arrested. The fence-line on Wellington was right outside the CBC building. We were talking with them about this very issue and they were well aware that they got it wrong. They were given copies of the Public Works Act amendment but they chose not to broadcast a correction.

We wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of media reporting now eh?

More lies from our media. What will they lie about next?

I have to admit I did fart on the line at Spadina and Queens next to an innocent bystander, but I gave them my name and badge number. I've been harbouring all this guilt about that fart.......

Oh and show me how the cops 'enforced' this Curtman, who got arrested for coming within 5 metres of a fence?

It's time you guys started to question our media. I've never seen such BS reporting in my life but you guys swallow it hook,line and sinker.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Curtman Curtman:
I didn't know police could just make up laws and enforce them.

You've never been to Georgia, I take it. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
The actual amendment said '5 metres from the fence-line in'. The media were the ones who said it was 5 metres from the fence, as in outside the fence-line.

People were right up to the fence line and were not arrested. The fence-line on Wellington was right outside the CBC building. We were talking with them about this very issue and they were well aware that they got it wrong. They were given copies of the Public Works Act amendment but they chose not to broadcast a correction.

Is that a fact? Because there are many videos on youtube showing people being arrested by officers who believe the 5m outside of the fence was the law.

Here is a particularly entertaining two part video:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:35 pm

They are INSIDE the fence line. I wasted 14 minutes of my life watching those videos.....

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Yeah that's it curt the cops just wants to arrest people because it gets them off and they'd rather be dealing with foilers than do their regular jobs.

Its simple, different rules for different events and when the cops tell you to do something either comply when you go to the freak show or stay away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Its simple, different rules for different events and when the cops tell you to do something either comply when you go to the freak show or stay away.

R=UP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
They are INSIDE the fence line. I wasted 14 minutes of my life watching those videos.....

I suppose these people were inside the fence illegally singing O Canada too?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 pm

This too? All lies?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 pm

While I will concede and note that cops often make up laws on the fly in this case the 'big picture' was a freak show of rioters causing problems and a collective body of law enforcement simply wanting to maintain order - which is their first job.

Were the rioters not rioting then there would have been no problems at all. :!:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Curtman Curtman:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

I suppose these people were inside the fence illegally singing O Canada too?

Oh stop it.

Those guys were told to move THREE times at 5 minute intervals, then charged. Obviously they don't show all the bits that would discredit their point.

Go and find out how it all happens on youtube videos posted by supporters of the BB. There are loads.

I get it. You support the people who tried to wreck downtown TO and create terror.

You support those who spat at us and trashed Starbucks, burnt police cruisers etc. I get it Curtman.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I get it. You support the people who tried to wreck downtown TO and create terror.

You support those who spat at us and trashed Starbucks, burnt police cruisers etc. I get it Curtman.

Bullshit. The black block ran around "wrecking downtown", while police were either nowhere to be seen or off beating up people singing our anthem. Journalists were able to follow them, 1 billion dollars of police couldn't.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:42 pm

The 'journalists' were probably aiding and abetting the rioters. :idea:

Esp. any people from Reuters.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Curtman Curtman:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Bullshit. The black block ran around "wrecking downtown", while police were either nowhere to be seen or off beating up people singing our anthem. Journalists were able to follow them, 1 billion dollars of police couldn't.

You were there were you? Saw it all first hand or is this your youtube investigation?

Obviously you have a great handle on all the operational details. It's all the fault of the police this isn't it?

No blame aportioned at all on the anarchists and those fine citizens who screamed at us and spat at us. They are blameless. They don't rate accountability in your world.

They just destroyed stuff and we tried to stop them yet all you can do is blame the police.

Like I say. I get it.

You support the anarchists and their apologists. What a fine upstanding citizen you are.

Last edited by EyeBrock on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.