canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:13 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Personally I have little sympathy with illegal immigrants to Canada, the US or anywhere really.

I had to jump through numerous hoops to get into Canada. I had to pay a lot of my hard earned cash just to get in and then I had to retrain and go back to school in order to get a job in my field of interest. These ‘illegals’ are queue jumpers. Nothing else.

A country should be able to control that most basic of sovereign rights. Saying who gets to become a new citizen and who gets to come in the country.

Flinging open the door or turning a blind eye to millions of illegal immigrants makes a mockery of the whole system and discriminates against those of us who play by the rules and wait our turn.

Absolutely agree as far as it goes. But using laws that will harass legal brown residents isn't the way to go. Just talked with a friend today who just got back from wintering in AZ. He was stopped in his Canadian plates van, and asked "show me ze papahs, old man" Of course he didn't have his passport on him, it was back in his house in Scottsdale. The cop reluctantly let him go, but who knows about next time?

You want to stop illegals, stop what pulls them to the US - jobs. Go after the employers and it will be much more effective.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Sort of hard seeing that the Mexicans do jobs that can't/won't be filled by Americans. Perhaps they need to look at revising their work visas, making it easier for these illegals to enter the US in a legal fashion. This is a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Americans have always done the undesirable jobs and still do in areas that don't have all these illegal immigrants. In addition the Southern border states have lower employment rates indicating there's a hidden reserve of indigenous workers. Finally you can also do without all the jobs at the bottom, they are heavely subsidized in the American nanny state after all - just do without the frivious goods and services provided. The arguement is the illegals take jobs Americans don't want, there is immigration Apartheid in the US, but it may not make sense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:46 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Sort of hard seeing that the Mexicans do jobs that can't/won't be filled by Americans. Perhaps they need to look at revising their work visas, making it easier for these illegals to enter the US in a legal fashion. This is a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Americans don't want to work for slave wages. If the jobs are worth doing, they're worth paying a living wage for. This guy was a dishwasher - how much would it have added to somebody's meal to pay him say $10 an hour? Would people really stop going to restaurants for what might cost them 50 cents extra on a meal?

But yes, people have suggested a work visa program, so the workers are legal, pay taxes and receive the benefits of those taxes. Then of course all the people out of work in the US would ask why the country is bringing in so many people on work visas when they're looking for work.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Personally I have little sympathy with illegal immigrants to Canada, the US or anywhere really.

I had to jump through numerous hoops to get into Canada. I had to pay a lot of my hard earned cash just to get in and then I had to retrain and go back to school in order to get a job in my field of interest. These ‘illegals’ are queue jumpers. Nothing else.

A country should be able to control that most basic of sovereign rights. Saying who gets to become a new citizen and who gets to come in the country.

Flinging open the door or turning a blind eye to millions of illegal immigrants makes a mockery of the whole system and discriminates against those of us who play by the rules and wait our turn.

oh hey, where did you immigrate from??

The problem is with Mexico, the United States for many years feared a communinst state south of their border, so heavily influenced the political out come.

Because of U.S. influence and money they got a few crooked leaders that stole all the countries money and shipped it to Europe.

This killed the dollar and the economy.... people to poor to live, flee to the USA for a better life.

The U.S. caused it's own problem, the same way the fucked up Haiti.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 am

A view from the right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldx8gZDwZWs