Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't think the Lotto and the scratch tickets (that gives you instant win. Or not) are comparable...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Brenda Brenda:
I don't think the Lotto and the scratch tickets (that gives you instant win. Or not) are comparable...

Why not?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Yeah, I'd bet you're right Brenda. I doubt problem gamblers are buying tickets for ball-drop lotteries. Sure, there's likley to be problem gamblers whose gambling of choice is the weekly lottery, but I think most would need a quicker-acting fix.

That's not to say that there aren't people spending a lot more than they should on the lotteries, but I can't see it being the drug-of-choice for the typical gambling junkie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:

Why not?

Because with Lotto, you have to wait, so like Lemmy says, you have no instant fix.
The scratch tickets are a different issue. You can buy 20, scratch them all, buy new ones with your winnings, till you hit "the big one". With Lotto, not so much, since the drawing is once or twice a week...

Lotto is just not that addictive... Buying a ticket every week doesnt make you an addict...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:19 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:

Why not?

Because with Lotto, you have to wait, so like Lemmy says, you have no instant fix.
The scratch tickets are a different issue. You can buy 20, scratch them all, buy new ones with your winnings, till you hit "the big one". With Lotto, not so much, since the drawing is once or twice a week...

Lotto is just not that addictive... Buying a ticket every week doesnt make you an addict...

I am of the same view as You and Lemmy. For some reason I thought you were of the mind that 'scratch & lose' tickets aren't 'addictive'. [B-o]