CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:07 am

Blacksheep Blacksheep:
By the way, I drive a little Jeep Cherokee. It is pained camouflage. I have not washed it in the year that I have owned it and you can't even tell.

You have to take it off road to get it dirty. :wink: I've seen what jeeps do in the bush,dont blame ya for keeping it on the pavement. :lol:

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:14 am

ziggy ziggy:
Blacksheep Blacksheep:
By the way, I drive a little Jeep Cherokee. It is pained camouflage. I have not washed it in the year that I have owned it and you can't even tell.

You have to take it off road to get it dirty. :wink: I've seen what jeeps do in the bush,dont blame ya for keeping it on the pavement. :lol:

Ouch. Actually my little Jeep does very well. So there. Stinky Canadian. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 am

Blacksheep Blacksheep:
ziggy ziggy:
Blacksheep Blacksheep:

I bet your Volvo will negotiate a steeper hill then the jeep without flipping. :lol:

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:26 am

ziggy ziggy:
Blacksheep Blacksheep:
ziggy ziggy:
Blacksheep Blacksheep:

I bet your Volvo will negotiate a steeper hill then the jeep without flipping. :lol:
The Volvo does ok. It definitely gets better mileage, and is a little more comfortable to ride in, but my son and I like to go driving in the woods in the Jeep. I have actually never rolled a Jeep. But, I have also always owned the big Jeeps, Wagoneers and such. I did own one little Jeep, a CJ5. That was a rollover waiting to happen. The Jeep I drive now is a little wagon. If there was a way to easily fit some big mud tires on the Volvo......

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 am

I think that Oregon should secede from the rest of America and join Canada. I would gladly go back. We would have to be part of Alberta though. That way we would only have the GST, and no provincial sales tax.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:03 am

Thank you. I do agree that the geography is similar, but I really miss Calgary.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 am

I like Pacific City as well, because you can drive on the beach there. My wife is from Tillamook. Did you happen to stop by the Cheese Factory? Really good ice cream. I love the state of Oregon. I live a little inland in the Willamette Valley. It is nice that the coast is about an hour away, the Cascade Mountains (a smaller version of the Rockies) are only about an hour and a half, and the dessert is another hour past the mountains. Everything is an easy drive away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 am

Oregon has a nicer climate. I've been to Portland a few times for the Rose Festival.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:33 am

That is true, we do have less snow. hee hee hee. However, lately Portland has been getting a few good blizzards.

I will say though, that B.C. has some very beautiful country out there. It has been about 14 years since I have been up there, but I remember driving through it on my way to Calgary, and on my way back.