canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:06 pm

rickc rickc:
So what are your thoughts on the demonetization of these channels?

Mixed thoughts. Russian trolls have been in full force to try to take these channels out. Sometimes they get a win.

Denys makes his living now putting out videos summarizing the war in his country. And he donates to charities that help people affected by the war. Him losing that revenue stream hurts him. And having his other channel demonetized seems just arbitrary, as it never had any war reporting on it.

It doesn't affect The Enforcer, as he never ran ads, but now his videos won't be promoted. His income comes through live stream donations. He also donates heavily to Ukrainian charities.

Youtube is of course within their rights to limit news channels who are focused on certain topics, like the War in Ukraine. It just seems through various titles that they are not applying their own rules equally. Some channels that don't do Ukraine war news, but generic war topics have also been shut down. Most channel shave sponsors, so I guess I'll continue to listen to Rob (Speak the Truth) about the wonderful man parts grooming kits his sponsors sell. ;)

In any event, it makes no difference to me, as I am going to keep watching those channels, and I am going to turn back on the ad blocker I have to stop Youtube ads. I just think Youtube is shooting themselves in the foot by denying an important segment of the news cycle from being told.

You can even see one video I posted from The Times Radio got blocked because of this. The friggen Times!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:13 pm

"Regrouping with the Moskva"
"Gender reveal gone wrong"
:lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:29 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:

Mixed thoughts. Russian trolls have been in full force to try to take these channels out. Sometimes they get a win.

Denys makes his living now putting out videos summarizing the war in his country. And he donates to charities that help people affected by the war. Him losing that revenue stream hurts him. And having his other channel demonetized seems just arbitrary, as it never had any war reporting on it.

It doesn't affect The Enforcer, as he never ran ads, but now his videos won't be promoted. His income comes through live stream donations. He also donates heavily to Ukrainian charities.

Youtube is of course within their rights to limit news channels who are focused on certain topics, like the War in Ukraine. It just seems through various titles that they are not applying their own rules equally. Some channels that don't do Ukraine war news, but generic war topics have also been shut down. Most channel shave sponsors, so I guess I'll continue to listen to Rob (Speak the Truth) about the wonderful man parts grooming kits his sponsors sell. ;)

In any event, it makes no difference to me, as I am going to keep watching those channels, and I am going to turn back on the ad blocker I have to stop Youtube ads. I just think Youtube is shooting themselves in the foot by denying an important segment of the news cycle from being told.

You can even see one video I posted from The Times Radio got blocked because of this. The friggen Times!

I was asking because I always see youtube contributors complaining about being demonetized. So if youtube quits paying the content contributor, do they quit collecting advertising revenue from the content as well? It they continue to collect advertising revenue without sharing with the content contributor, well that hardly seems fair. Without content, there is no youtube. Even if they do not run adds on certain contributions, you can't tell me that youtube is not making money selling evryone's info that clicks on to see that contribution. Youtube stops paying the people that are responsible for there actually being a youtube, but then sells the info of everyone viewing the content that has been demonetized. Sounds like a racket to me. The robber barons had nothing on these guys.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:50 pm

rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:

I was asking because I always see youtube contributors complaining about being demonetized. So if youtube quits paying the content contributor, do they quit collecting advertising revenue from the content as well? It they continue to collect advertising revenue without sharing with the content contributor, well that hardly seems fair. Without content, there is no youtube. Even if they do not run adds on certain contributions, you can't tell me that youtube is not making money selling evryone's info that clicks on to see that contribution. Youtube stops paying the people that are responsible for there actually being a youtube, but then sells the info of everyone viewing the content that has been demonetized. Sounds like a racket to me. The robber barons had nothing on these guys.

Youtube algorithms always gave preference on the front page to videos that included their AdSense advertising. Authors like The Enforcer never chose to run them on their videos, so their streams didn't appear very far up the page. You had to scroll down to find them. I don't even see 'Speak The Truth' or 'Operator Starsky' on the front page any more. But I did see Jake Bro. Being demonetized means their videos may not even make it to the first few pages, if at all.

That's why Google bought Youtube. Because they knew they could rake in billions from it. I don't understand why they won't allow 'anything goes' if it brings in ad revenue. They seem to allow so many conspiracies, why not actual reporting?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Youtube wants to be network tv. That means to get access to markets they need to abide by the rules of stakeholders who don’t give a dam about anything but control. The game is rigged and its a big club and you and I aren’t in it. This is being said it a bug but it’s not. Youtube wants control.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:53 pm

If their lousy algorithms keep feeding me shit, that isn't likely to happen.

But I suppose many don't have the bullshit detectors properly tuned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:49 pm

Scape Scape:
Youtube wants to be network tv. That means to get access to markets they need to abide by the rules of stakeholders who don’t give a dam about anything but control. The game is rigged and its a big club and you and I aren’t in it. This is being said it a bug but it’s not. Youtube wants control.

And they have it. There are no direct competitors to YouTube and starting one would be impossible given how dominant YouTube is.

People need to realize that tech platforms like YouTube don’t have a political bias; they have a making money bias. If allowing hate speech and pernicious conspiracy theories makes them money, they’ll allow it. And if demonetizing channels seemingly at random doesn’t hurt their bottom line, they’ll keep doing it.

The internet is full of stories of content creators getting copyright struck over nothing by shadowy groups that are out to make a quick buck. YouTube is good but there are parts of it that are grievously broken.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:05 pm

Putin changes war commander

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWq-ngg ... qg&index=6

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:56 pm

Scape Scape:

Some things never change. Russian tsars/commissars/“presidents” throwing peasants lives away into a meat grinder.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lpm-Uv ... Vw&index=3

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo63iOTVPx4

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1vKbaA9wc

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6414 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 277  278  279  280  281  282  283 ... 428  Next