canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:04 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28245" target="_blank">Canada Post suspends letters from "Bad Santa"</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/11-cka" target="_blank">CKA</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=BluesBud" target="_blank">BluesBud</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-14 12:52:49
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:04 pm

This is the hight of.....well I can't even find the words. What a miserable thing to do to a little kid at Christmas time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 pm

There are plenty of sick people in this world, it's sad when one of them acts on his urges.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 pm

The early scuttle butt on this is that Canada Post uses high school kids as in addition to CP staff to respond to the onslaught of letters to Santa. It is sad that someone trusted to send a letter to a kid could do this. This is supposed to give the illusion to a child that it comes from as wholesome a source as Santa himself.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:35 pm

$1:
Volunteers for the program, who are current or former Canada Post employees, respond to letters addressed to Santa Claus at the North Pole. The response includes a standard printed message and a personalized note that refers back to the individual child's own letter.

Canada Post needs to take greater care in selecting these "volunteers".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:37 pm

guess some people have the mindset just to mess up something for some poor kid.. just great.

really sad story.. i wonder what would make someone do this..

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:57 pm

lily lily:
Illusion?

Whaddya mean, illusion?
LOL, ya I know. The point I was making is, that it seems to a child that this is the big guy responding. It is disheartening to think any of them might think he was saying to them the things this\these sick person or persons wrote.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:09 pm

the Canadian version of "going postal"

I'm sure when they find out who it was the postal union will get him out of trouble. They will blame it on "high job related stress" :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:32 pm

bad santa ? what a dick head . this is one of the dumbest things i've heard of recently .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeah yeah yeah.. You don't even know what they wrote?! It could have been really funny! These kids could hardly have written these letters much less have read them so thats not an issue. How old were you when you stoped believing in Santa Clause? I was 5 and I snatched his beard. I couldn't read then and I sure as hell wouldn't have had my parents read an insulting letter to my person if I sent a sinsere letter. Chill folks. It's christmas after all..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:59 pm

OPP OPP:
Yeah yeah yeah.. You don't even know what they wrote?! It could have been really funny! These kids could hardly have written these letters much less have read them so thats not an issue. How old were you when you stoped believing in Santa Clause? I was 5 and I snatched his beard. I couldn't read then and I sure as hell wouldn't have had my parents read an insulting letter to my person if I sent a sinsere letter. Chill folks. It's christmas after all..

here you go read up...these dirtbags should be fired

Canada Post "heartbroken" over naughty Santa letters
Richard Starnes, CanWest News Service
OTTAWA - There was absolutely nothing Ho Ho Ho about the letters Rosalyn Da Costa's children got from Santa on Thursday.

In fact, they included filthy messages.

They are two of 10 inappropriate letters dropped into mailboxes across Ottawa in the last two days and there could be more. On Thursday, Canada Post shut down it's Write To Santa program across the city while it joins Ottawa Police to hunt down the rogue elf.

Canada Post employee Catherine Tanguay helps Omar Elayouti, 6, with his letter to Santa.
CanWest News Service

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****"Everybody here is so shocked," said Canada Post spokeswoman Cindy Daoust.

According to Canada Post's website more than 11,000 current and retired Canada Post employees ensure that every child's letter - with a return address - gets an answer.

"Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how we feel," added Daoust.

Da Costa was far more than disappointed, she was stunned. When she went for the mail at her home on Thursday morning, she was thrilled to see Santa had answered letters from two-year-old Maya and 10-year-old Colton.

"My first thought was to wait until Colton got home from school so he could sit and read them with her," she said.

But she was happy she changed her mind.

"I told Maya: 'There's a letter from Santa just for you, let's read it'. We sat down on the couch, I opened the letter and began to read. My mouth dropped open. Oh, My God!"

Each Santa letter Canada Post delivers contains the same main message with a hand-written personal PS.

Maya's personal PS said: "This letter is too long, you dumb shit."

"I went straight to Google, got the Canada Post number and called," said Da Costa. "A very nice lady at a call centre in Fredericton, N.B. was shocked and when I told her I also had a letter for Colton and was planning to let him read it when he got home, she said I should open it now just in case."

Da Costa went downstairs, picked up the letter and returned to the phone.

What she read had both ladies gasping. "Oh! My God, Oh! My God," they kept repeating.

The personal PS to Colton's letter read: "Your mom s**** d**** and your Dad is gay."

This brought a Canada Post supervisor to the phone.

"He said: 'That's like dirt in my mouth. I can't even say it'." It was then that Da Costa decided she had to call CanWest News Service.

"My warning to everyone is: 'Open your childrens' letters first'."

That will not be necessary for a few days in Ottawa because Canada Post has put out an alert for letter carriers to not deliver any Santa letters, to intercept any others in the system and to send them back. "We will check every one," said Canada Post's Daoust.

"And we will make sure we have enough volunteers to send out new messages from Santa."

At present, the program will continue as it has for the past 26 years across the remainder of Canada and around the world.

But Daoust promises a close look at the system in the future.

In 1999, an Oshawa seven-year-old receive a Santa message from Canada Post that called him "one greedy little boy!"

But the latest incidents are far more inappropriate and the first incident of their kind in the program's history, according to Canada Post President and CEO Moya Green.

the original link was the CBC they must have sanitized their report ... union thing

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:36 pm

mtbr mtbr:
OPP OPP:

As I said.. None of the chilldren had to read any of it as expected and what did it say? something about: It's to long you dumb shit. Not very original but it'll do? I might try it next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 pm

OPP OPP:
mtbr mtbr:
OPP OPP:

As I said.. None of the chilldren had to read any of it as expected and what did it say? something about: It's to long you dumb shit. Not very original but it'll do? I might try it next year.

Dumb shit?....at the age of 5 you couldn't have written a letter to Santa? never mind read one ?

must have been in remedial kindergarten

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:53 pm

mtbr mtbr:
OPP OPP:
mtbr mtbr:
OPP OPP:

Dumb shit?....at the age of 5 you couldn't have written a letter to Santa? never mind read one ?

must have been in remedial kindergarten

Yeah.. That's really something to bitch about. You know what I saw the other day? Swedish UN forces picking up chilldren who had been set on fire. The worst part was seeing the expressions on their faces. They were crying. Things like that have a strong effect on me. This isn't worth anyones time.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:21 pm

The point to the whole thing is that, can nothing of innocences be allowed to remain anymore? This is one of the best things Canada Post does. It's aimed directly at kids. Now because of probably some idiot that thought it was a funny joke, even this needs a parent's scrutiny before exposing it to a child. It is one sad statement that someone volunteering to do something good and wholesome at Christmas for children makes things look grim. The Grinch lives!